Sunday, March 1, 2015

Glitch or Reef Triggerfish?

Hey Jammers! Happy 1st day of March to you all. In the Northern Hemisphere, that means 19 more days until Spring is official. :)

To celebrate the nearing of Spring, we have some daffodils in Treetop Gardens. To celebrate the first day of March, we have the aquamarine birthstone in Epic Wonders!


The primrose flowers have since been replaced by the daffodils since they went on clearance while no one noticed. I really like this new series of member flowers with their nonmember counterparts! These flowers change frequently, so maybe you can do what I'm going to do and start a flower garden on your storage account. ^_^

And because it's a new month, I'll tell y'all some pointless trivia about the current birthstone:

• The name "aquamarine" comes from the latin term aqua marinus, meaning "water of the sea" or maybe just "sea water"

• As it's name may tell you, it's very much associated with water and the sea. Water is also used to symbolize the subconscious, so the aquamarine stone is also thought of as a tool to find the answers of reality within the subconscious mind.

In other news, I was playing Spot On yesterday on the marine life level and saw something that at the time I had thought was a simple glitch:

I didn't recognize that name to be of a fish, so I thought it was something like the "tooltip" glitch. But it turns out I was completely wrong because humuhumunukunukuapua'a is another name for the Reef Triggerfish!

The Reef Triggerfish is a fish native to the saltwater coasts of central and south pacific islands. But what's really beyond me is why AJHQ didn't use one of the shorter words for the humuhumunukunukuapua'a so children might recognize the fish better! Come on, you could have said "humuhumu" or "reef triggerfish" or "wedge-tail triggerfish" or even another instead of cramming that big word into a tiny blue box!

I think I'll put this into my glitches tag and add a boring uninteresting glitch screenshot I took yesterday for your mild enjoyment:


That's all for now, Jammers,
see you in Jamaa!

– DoomyPanda

2 comments:

  1. But if they use the long name, they'll persuade Jammers to look it up, learning more about animals. And shortening a name might not get the same result when you search it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone is going to bother spelling all that out :P lol

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^