Sunday, August 7, 2016

Headdresses & Hideouts

Hey Jammers! I'm really sorry I didn't get to the latest update. I could lie and say that I've just been busy, but the truth is that I've just preferred to stay in my room and read a lot this week. That, and the fact that my little brother's been using my computer a lot, but I digress. 

I do my best to post daily, but I'm just lazy sometimes, ya know?

Anyway, onto AJ! 





Today's new item is the Turtle Shell, but I've also included a few items that I've missed during my lazy absence. I don't understand the Summer Dress that much, nor the Turtle Shell, but it's nice that AJ releases birth flowers every month.

For those who don't know, the Gladiolus is the flower of August. In America, at least. It's different in other countries.

The centerpiece of the most recent update was the new semi-2D adventure that's currently being tested by member wolves only. 



From my understanding, the adventure doesn't require in the story for the player to be a wolf, so the restriction seems pretty odd. Sadly, because I nor my little brother have memberships, I can't give you a walkthrough of The Hidden Falls. 

What do I know? I know that it involves jumping on floating chunks of land and that phantoms are involved somehow. Maybe it involves a waterfall, too, given the name. I dunno!  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Up next is some old-but-interesting news. Headdresses will never come to stores again, and this is why:

Image taken from the wonderful Animal Jam Whip by Nafaria AJ

Headdresses aren't that popular anymore and there are TONS of items that get discontinued, so a lot of people have been asking the same thing: "Why just discontinue them? If AJHQ wanted to be respectful, why not delete them from the game?"

I'm happy that AJHQ took the action they did because headdresses are very culturally significant to many people, but are often used inappropriately and disrespectfully as accessories by others. 

However, I think it's understandable that AJHQ just vowed not to have them sold in shops again rather than outright delete them. Headdresses aren't as popular as they used to be, but a lot of people would get really upset if one day they logged on and one of their items was gone. 

As far as my understanding goes, Headdresses aren't fought over as much in trading as say, spiked collars or wristbands. AJHQ wanted them to have a quiet death without causing too much backlash. 

I wonder if they did the same with the nonmember variant of the Headdress, the Head Feather. 


Headdresses were officially discontinued back in May, and this koala toy that came with a Head Feather came out in June... but I'm pretty sure they decided on accessories long before May. Hmm...

From the little that I know, I'm not sure if a headband with a single feather has cultural significance. Head Feathers are sometimes used in stereotypical portrayals of Native Americans (*cough*Disney movies*cough*), but as far as I know, they're just used as a harmless accessory on AJ. Correct me if I'm wrong; I'm not sure.

Next up, a new and unexpected showcase den is here: Greely's Hideout.

Yep, it's new, but what makes it unexpected is that you'd associate barely anything in this den with Greely:


There's cutesy music playing, plushies, and more. There's a slight phantom-y theme going on, as expected, but it's second to all of the random bursts of cutesy-ness:


"what up mtv this is greely and welcome to my crib, where I have a framed picture of my own face over a full display of cupcakes. fear me."

Greely's Hideout. I guess this is where Greely goes to hide out and be himself when he's not pretending to be edgy. 

That's all for now, Jammers. See you in Jamaa and have a wonderful day/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^