Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Zios/Viracocha Art :D

Hey Jammers! I think that finally, I'm satisfied with my blog's layout.

AT LONG LAST. ō_ō

But I guess the REAL question is... are you? If anything, you're the one I design my blog for, so I'd appreciate if you could tell me how this layout compares to the last recognizable one I had last year. 

Are there any things I should add? Someone told me I should add a search bar, which I agree with an will get to ASAP along with the addition of an environmental conservation page and the completion of that 'trading post' page that has been empty for so long. If you didn't know, that page will have a detailed explanation of item rarity, the history of item rarity and how it's changed, and how to trade fairly in today's messed up system. ^___^

Anyway, onto the main focus of this post: this cool fan art featured on AJHQ's official Instagram:

I hope it's okay for me to post this here. Lakeahana, if you're reading this and you want me to take it down, tell me in the comments please.

It's by a talented Jammer named Lakeahana, and aside from being a wonderful drawing reminding me of my favorite things about Animal Jam, it reminds me a lot of that theory I developed in the last post about Zios being based on the Incan god Viracocha, definitely in appearance and perhaps in lore as well. 

I'm not sure if it was intended or not, but this drawing of an anthropomorphic Zios sure looks like this drawing of Viracocha:


Same kind of outfit/armor! 

I guess what I'm interested in is whether everyone at AJHQ is aware that Zios was inspired by Viracocha (that's not even a theory at this point– that's just a fact. Their faces– or should I say masks, –are nearly identical) and if they thought of that when they reposted the drawing.

What do you guys think? I sincerely doubt anyone at AJHQ looks at my blog, but what if this is a little recognition of my theory? Not very likely, but maybe.

See you in Jamaa~!

~DoomyPanda

6 comments:

  1. That are is awesome!! I absolutely love the new template Doomy. I always love the templates, headers, sidebar graphics that you come up with! I wish I could make my blog like this (not the same cause it would be copying) but something similar. Which I am slowly but surely working on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure out the sidebar stuff– HTML is confusing and stressful indeed XD

      If you're looking to do things similar to what I did, here's a mini-tutorial for the stuff that stressed me out the most:

      1. For the sidebar backgrounds, I went to Blogger's "Edit HTML" page and found . Then, right above it I wrote < style > . Between those two "styles", I put the code
      div.column-right-outer {
      background: url("INSERTIMAGEURLHERE");
      }

      div.column-left-outer {
      background: url("INSERTIMAGEURLHERE");
      }
      I used a URL for a small, repeating textured background because single images looked weird. The background was cropped so no empty space was around the edges, which is important for tiled backgrounds.

      2. For the rounded sidebar borders, I put the following code between the same two "styles":

      div.column-right-inner {
      border: solid 2px #8C5400;
      border-radius: 6px;
      }

      div.column-left-inner {
      border: solid 2px #8C5400;
      border-radius: 6px;
      }

      If you want round borders, you can use the above code and find the html code online for the border color you want. (it would go after the #)

      I hope this helped. Is there anything specific you want to do with your blog that you need help with?

      Delete
    2. For 1., I meant that I went to Blogger's "Edit HTML" page and found < / h e a d > no spaces and right above it I wrote < s t y l e > < / s t y l e > no spaces except in the middle.

      Delete
    3. You can't write those words with no spaces in the comments XD

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the info Doomy! I will be sure to ask you if I need any help :D

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^