Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018: Happy New Year!

Hey Jammers, today is the final day of the Jamaalidays! Which means, at long last, it's time to write the final verses of my failed "12 Days of Christmas" rip-off:


 On the last day of Jamaalidays, AJHQ gave to me: Five stepping stones,
One frozen Zios,
A pointy icy horn,
Snowman-in-the-box,
One floating snowflake,
A poofy (yeti?) rug,
A lying dragon hat,
Chocolate chip cookies,
Two mugs of cocoa,
One edible top hat,
A gate to more gifts,
One pancake'd poinsettia,
Wreath on your head,
A fluffy hat and beard,
A MASTERPIECE TOKENNN!
Jamaaliday Scarf,
Green and red jacket,
One spiral hedge,
Candy cane socks,
A pole to the North,
Mech Angel Wings,
One broken dream,
ANOTHER MASTERPIECE TOKENNN!
One welcome mat,
Wristband made of leaves,
Eight strung bells,
One creepy mask,
And a hedge that nobody got~ 

The main purpose of this was to record what gifts were given on what days, mostly for the Jammers who didn't manage to log on every single day this December. If any of these items sound interesting, now you know what to trade for!

Did any of you have a favorite gift this year? My favorites, which also happen to be one of the many gifts I missed, were the striped cocoa mugs:


It's like a toned-down version of the Hot Cocoa Set, which wasn't actually given out this year:


Still, I think they're both really cute!

Wanna know my all-time favorite Jamaaliday gift?


Yup, the Jamaaliday Centerpiece. It came out last year and the year before, but sadly did not make an appearance anywhere this season. I'd say that my favorite parts of it are the candles and the pine needles. Additionally, you might not see it but I also like how the candle reflects in the big red ornament. :3

As we move on from December into January, what are your thoughts about the Jamaalidays? Do you like the daily gifts, or do you find it annoying that the gem/diamond spin is temporarily replaced? Do you like the colorful decorations, or do you find them too garish? How do you feel about Masterpiece Tokens being given out twice this season?

These are just some starter questions, you can say whatever you want in the comments. ^.^

Now, let us move on into 2018. More specifically, into the 2018 New Years Party!


This screenshot immortalizes the moment when 3 random Jammers discovered they all knew Romanian and decided to become best friends. My friend Timid Icyartist was AFK and sadly missed this historic event. 

A lot of similar items are in shops this year, along with a few new ones, like this recolored Mask:


I wonder why being gold-colored necessarily makes it a New Year's Mask. I just think it's a particularly pretty mask with the gold! Now, if only it was nonmember...

I saw a whole lot of Jammers wearing it, so you can safely assume it might be a little higher in demand in a few months. But as trends in item demand are unpredictable, don't go hoarding gold Masks just yet! Maybe buy... just 2 or 3, depending on how much you like them.


As 2017 turns into 2018 and many of you get new calendars, wait for midnight, and mess up writing the date on your homework, it's understandable that many Jammers are a little intimidated by the idea of 2018. 

As AJ blogger Lostfairy says it, 2018 "feels like its still far into future! Like something you'd hear when you're waiting for a book or movie to come out..." 

In a way, I totally feel the same. I think it's something about the number 2018, or even just 18. It's getting closer to 20, it's a number sometimes associated with growing up... but in the end, they're all just associations. 

I think a big part of it might be how a lot of science fiction books and movies that are a few years old were set in "the year 2045/2030/2020" and 18 is beginning to approach the 20's and 30's and all those "spooky distant future years". But maybe I'm wrong– not everyone reads sci-fi XD

Just remember: all the good things you've experienced in 2017 and before don't just magically evaporate when you have to write a new year on your school work. They stay with you through time– they've shaped you into who you are now, so why not celebrate them whenever you want? :)

See you in Jamaa, and have a wonderful new year~ ^_^
~DoomyPanda

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Doomy!! ^.^

    Hehe, glad you liked my wittle thing I said about the New Year. XD

    By the way, yesterday I was searching through your old posts, looking for my first ever comment on any blog or website. Haha, I found quite a few comments from me and I apologize for my younger cringey self pestering you. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You never pestered me!!! I love every single comment I get, and I always loved reading yours as well! Regardless of how you think of yourself, you always had honest things to say on my blog.

      Sometimes I look at my older comments on other blogs, but right now I'm passed the point of being embarrassed– I just kinda accept that I have said and will forever continue to say things that will make me cringe in hindsight. XD

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!! :D I agree, the centerpiece is so pretty :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Sarahkey!! I wonder if the centerpieces will come out next year...

      Delete
  3. The funny thing is, buying up and hoarding New Year's Masks will likely result in them losing value, as there are SO MANY of them out there now.

    Kind of ironic. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, actually. I wonder if the people obsessed with spikes are aware that the sheer mass of them makes them very common.

      I talked a little about this on my new 'Trading Post' page. Rarity is so hard to define... XD

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^