Sunday, January 21, 2018

Staying Positive About Mediocre Updates

Hey Jammers! I meant to post earlier, but I had to focus on finals and school stuff– y'know, the works. 

Today was the first time I checked my Blogger dashboard since before the update. And oh boy, what an update:


...

You know...

I'm just gonna pretend I never heard about this.

All I can say is that somewhere up in AJHQ, some 50 year old man at a meeting said "You know what The Kids will like? You know what is not just an overused, overworked, stale meme just begging for death? DABBING!"

Still, maybe this isn't so bad:


The dance is unusually well-animated– just look at that fluffy mane! And it's not immediately obvious that it was inspired by a dead meme. In fact, it looks like it might not have even been intentional. I mean, it probably was intentional, but what matters is that it isn't obvious. I can ignore it if I try hard.

This gif and the one above were found on the AJ Wiki
In the course of writing this post, I have pretty much changed my opinion on the Clydesdale Horse's actions. The animation is really smooth! I'm just gonna pretend the dabbing never happened. I suggest you join me.

Generally though, my opinion on the new animal avatar stays the same: I don't see the point of another horse when there are so many different kinds of animals in the world to choose from! 

C'mon, AJHQ, we've waited years. When will we finally be able to play as an aye-aye and dig worms out of rotting tree branches?


My patience is waning, AJHQ. 2018 IS THE YEAR OF THE AYE-AYE

In other, way better news, all land/ocean Base Camp adventures are nonmember now!


Excellent! Now I won't need to borrow my brother's account to play Greely's Inferno!

Other adventures that are only accessible through the World Map are still member's only, like The Forgotten Desert. Although, there isn't much incentive to making TFD nonmember unless AJHQ decided eagles should be for everyone. Personally, I don't think that will happen. I'd imagine a lot of Jammers buy memberships so they can play The Forgotten Desert so they can get closer to the ~beta rares~

Also, some news from the Alpha HQ/mansion: the artifact collected from the ancient underground city has randomly vanished.


I tried checking the Forgotten Archive for clues, but all I got out of that visit was that AJHQ still hasn't noticed this glitch:


Ah well. We'll find out next update, I guess.

Sometimes, we get mediocre updates. Personally though, I don't think they signify a gradual decline in the integrity of AJ. A lot of annoying things have happened, but I've found that I can ignore a lot of them so they don't get in the way of my enjoyment of the game. 

I do the same kinda thing at school: instead of being sad about all the homework I get, I try to instead focus on how lucky I am to have some close friends in my classes. 

See you in Jamaa, guys. Maybe we can't make the whole AJ game and community perfect, but we can do our best with the little group of buddies we have :)

~DoomyPanda

5 comments:

  1. I 100% agree, Doomy! :3 I'm just trying to ignore the dabbing part, I do that quite a bit now that I think about it, Mostly if I don't like the action AJHQ choose for an animal, I'm just gonna try to think positive about them too, Doomy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, join the club! :D
      You know, I don't even think Clydesdale Horses will be popular for very long. Typically, when a new animal comes out, everyone has one for at least a few days, but going into Jamaa today I haven't even seen one!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm just gonna try to Stay Positive about that comment

      Delete
  3. I feel like the horses are kinda like old AJ animal style, not like the newer style if you know wha5 I mean, I dint see why AJ added dabbing, why AJ? XD

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^