Saturday, February 10, 2018

Unreleased Item Theory + Cool Stuff

Hey Jammers, have I got some cool stuff for you today!!! :D

So without any annoying paragraphs detailing why I haven't posted in a week like I always do, let's jump right into today's mystery:


The E-bookshelf. Because the AJ Blogger community is fairly tight-knit, there's a good chance you learned about this item's existence on Nafaria9's excellent blog, the AJ Whip. 

All we know for sure about this item is that it is only accessible through Animal Jam's files, meaning that you cannot buy it at any shop and that you really really should NOT hack into Animal Jam to get this for your den. 

If you're confused why it's not good to hack this item, here's a little reminder why:

– Your account can be permanently banned.

– The consequences may get even more serious, as it's technically illegal.

 – If you do hack this item, you put yourself at risk of getting hacked yourself.

but most of all...

This item will be released, so it's not worth the risk!

All unreleased items get released eventually, unless of course there are issues with them, like this unreleased wall of weapons just begging for parental complaints:


Remember when that set of panda-themed items was "leaked" just a few days before the update and people went bananas for them? Well, many a regretful trade was made with people who acquired them before the official release and now no one even remembers their existence. Something to keep in mind with unreleased items.

I just wanted to share my theory about the E-bookshelf, because when released, this item might just be as unique an item as the Painter's Easel– maybe even more so.

What am I talking about? It just looks like a normal bookshelf, you might say.

Exactly.

Animal Jam rarely releases "regular" items these days– they're almost all themed somehow. If this item is so generic, there must be something special about it.

But that's not my only piece of evidence. Next, let's take a look at its name:

E-bookshelf

A bit of an odd name for an AJ item. It could just be a temporary name that someone at AJHQ thought up while being developed. Personally, I looked at it and was immediately drawn to the phrase "E-book". 

An E-book is, as its name suggests, a book in electronic form. Reminds me a little of these:


I wonder... could the E-bookshelf be released as an interactive item? Could you keep E-books in it? Could you WRITE them and keep them in it???

There are many possibilities. If this item is what I think it is, there might have to be new systems in place for its release. What kinds of books will we be able to keep in them? How might we acquire these books? Will there one day be a book shop on AJ? 

We don't know for sure. At least, not yet. *dramatic music*

In other news, I learned about a cool new Masterpiece idea that Animal Jam artists are using: Friendship Quilts.


(Image credit to Lostfairy of Animal Jam Jumble, Masterpiece credit to ocean8froggy)

An AJ friendship quilt would not be a singular Masterpiece, but a whole collection of Masterpieces that all follow the guidelines above, giving the effect of a large quilt!


For a cool quilt (as well as a cool collection of art), go to froggysquilt's den. I'm not sure if it was froggy who invented this idea, but it's a cool one! Perfect for the Friendship Festival, too. C:

Would anyone wanna make a Friendship Quilt with me? We could do one for Animal Jam Stream!!! :D

Before I go, I'd like to introduce a post idea I thought of this morning:

~ Creature Feature ~

Welcome to Creature Feature! I've decided that at the end of every post, it would be a cool idea to talk a little about an interesting animal that you probably have never heard of. 

Here on Animal Stream, we talk a lot about stuff that isn't, well, real. Digital, pixel stuff. Sometimes we forget that there's more to AJ than items. In Creature Feature, we put the "Animal" back in Animal Jam!

This first featured friend is very dear to my heart: the Purple Frog!


This is a very special animal. They live underground for their entire lives with the exception of the few weeks they come out each year. Unlike other frogs, purple frogs only eat underground instead of surfacing to forage. And unlike other frogs, they have an adorably pointy snoot. :)


Purple frogs are very ancient and rare, with only two members of their taxonomic family known by humans. 

They look very interesting for a frog, I know. You might even say they're "creepy" or "ugly", but in my opinion, they're perfectly beautiful. 

Free-living animals look certain ways because those traits are helpful for them. For instance, the purple frog's eyes are so small because they live most of their days in the dark, and their heads are shaped in such a unique way to help them dig through their subterranean homes. 

Remember that beauty standards are not universal– if you're creeped out by an animal's appearance, there's a good chance they're creeped out by you, too! 

Not to say that you're ugly, or the frog is ugly, or that anyone is less than beautiful. The truth is that "ugly" is a judgement, not a reality. 

Here's a video of a male purple frog speaking:


Like many many animals around the Earth, the purple frog is critically endangered. And like most if not all endangered animals, humans like us are the culprit. 

The growing of ginger, coffee, and cardamom all completely destroy miles of purple frog habitat. If you want to do what you can to help purple frogs, as well as their neighbors, try to limit your purchase of these to a minimum. 

Thanks for reading, see you in Jamaa and don't forget to answer the poll to the right of the blog! :D

~Doomy

13 comments:

  1. Oh!! I love your theory! I’ll totally make a friendship quilt masterpiece for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! Jam-a-gram me sometime, if this idea kicks off, I think I might make a special "blog den" to have AJ parties in and display the quilt there! :D

      Delete
  2. So thats what that item looked like. It didn't load properly on Naffy's blogXD
    OOh that friendship quilt masterpiece is soooo cool. We should make one for all the AJ bloggers. What an interesting frog. Great post btw Doomy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Violet!!! One good thing about the AJ Blogging community being so limited is that we can all band together more easily and do something– a blogger quilt would be amazing!!

      P.S. I just realized what your Blogger icon is a picture of!!! It's so amazingly adorable, did you draw it? :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks Doomy! I did not draw the seal in my profile picture but I edited it a bit and added my username on it. Seals are amazing:):)

      Delete
    3. Seals are indeed amazing!!! =^_^=

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! I can't wait until the bookshelf comes out, my sister and I will be so excited to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH
    THAT WILL BE SO COOL IF WE CAN WRITE OUR OWN EBOOKS

    I will totally draw one for you!
    It will be terrible centered but XDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s such great theory, Doomy!!! ^.^ That bookshelf is so adorable, I hope it gets released!

    I’m actually working on my own Friendship Quilt because of what you said, Doomy! ^.^ If you want, I could give you a copy. ;)

    Aw, cute funny frog! He’s a bit gross but whatever. XD I like hearing animal facts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, DID YOU SEE THAT SNEEK PEAK? IT LOOKED LIKE A PATH TO THE LAND FROM MT. SHIVEER :O

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^