Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Good News?

Hey Jammers! Because you probably know all about the update already, I won't repeat what you already know. 



But did you already know how cool the Sabertooth Heartstone looks? :D

Beyond the Jamaa Journal, I've found some good news, some weird news, and some not-so-good-but-if-you-read-my-previous-post-its-no-big-surprise news.

Which do ya wanna hear first!?!?


(silence)


Alright, I guess you can have the bad news first!



The bad news? More stuff has left AJ without notice. The first thing that I noticed was the Nat Geo "Cool Banner" item, gone without a trace. I really don't think it even went on clearance before being taken off. Ah well. I liked that item a lot, but because I'm nonmember I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway. :\

Over on the fantastic Animal Jam Whip blog, Nafaria AJ discovered that Brady's Expeditions, a semi-interactive video about snakes, has been taken down and replaced with the Jamaa map that was there originally. 

Additionally, the video about Brady Barr wearing a crocodile costume in order to observe crocs up close was also removed– you can assume that a couple other videos at the other two scientist areas (Tierney Thys' Aquarium and Gabby Wild's Animal Hospital) may also have been taken down.

About Brady's Expeditions: I'm disappointed it's gone, but it kind of makes sense considering that it was kinda forgotten by most everyone. I guess I'm biased because I remember when it came out– I think it's a great concept, but it didn't shape my AJ experience as much. Still, I don't like when things leave simply because they're not popular. 

After that bad news, wanna hear some good news?




New videos from Tierney Thys and Brady Barr!

I got kinda scared while I was writing my previous post because there were only a couple of videos in each theater, but since then, a lot have come out! Let's hope for a steady flow of cool new videos. :)

I think it's cool that Tierney Thys and Brady Barr answer actual questions from actual Jammers. At least the "Ask --- a Question" button implies that; I don't know anyone who actually knows their question was answered. Still, it's a great concept!!! I'd ask a question, but I can't think of one right now... hmm...

Can you think of a question? Maybe AJHQ will know how much we appreciate the educational videos if a lot of us send in questions!!

Sarepia Theater, unfortunately, remains the same. However, I just can't believe it will be like that forever. Either Sarepia Theater or the Conservation Museum Theater close so all the animations are in one spot, or the animations are just a placeholder until new content is found. Hopefully, the latter is the truth.

Here is some more good news, if this did not previously exist already:


Some recent-looking clickable facts have surfaced in Brady Barr's lab. If these have been there a while, please let me know in the comments. But if these are new, then yay! AJHQ still cares about nature facts. :)

Are y'all ready for some weird news? O_o

On my previous post, Talloose of the lovely Animal Jam Budgie blog commented, saying that there is a contract between WildWorks and National Geographic still in effect. 

I did some research today and found that this is, indeed, a fact.



On WildWorks' official website, under their Company Profile page, is the following statement:

"In 2010, we entered into an agreement with the National Geographic Society to incorporate their venerable brand and content in our fledgling online playground for kids, Animal Jam. 

In 2014, we extended that agreement for an additional 10 years, ensuring that the Animal Jam community will continue to benefit from National Geographic's unique educational resources."

So... this contract is still going, and it will continue to go for another six years.

So, why the erasure of the Nat Geo logo?

Why are so many videos getting taken down, as if Animal Jam is no longer allowed to associate with National Geographic? 

Will we ever find out?

Stay tuned... 

I'm going to try and write AJHQ an email...


6 comments:

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^