Sunday, June 3, 2018

Blog News + stuff

Hey Jammers! Sorry I haven't posted in a while– this has been a really difficult week for me. >_<

This will be a fairly short post, but I do have a few things you might find interesting.

First off, let's look at the poll to the right side of the blog:


Surprisingly, the biggest percentage of you guys are doing the Diamond Challenge! I had thought that would be the least popular XD

To those who are participating, what appeals to you about the challenge(s) that you're trying out? C:

(For those who forget, here's my post detailing the 3 challenges I came up with)


In regards to polls, you may be wondering why I took down the underrated room poll, and why the new poll looks noticeably different.

Basically, Blogspot made the pointless decision to remove their poll gadget. No one who uses Blogger is happy about this– polls are really fun!

In order to get around this, I spent like three hours trying to find a third party poll widget that doesn't look hideous– it was surprisingly hard. 

If you use Blogger and you still want to put polls on your blog, I suggest poll-maker.com. I used it for my challenge poll, changing around some of the HTML to make it fit with my layout. Ask me if you have any questions, but I'd say using Poll Maker is fairly straightforward.

In regards to the underrated room poll I removed, I will publish Rediscovering Jamaa posts in order of popularity according to the results that I saved before deleting the poll.

Next up (hopefully soon) will be the Appondale Pet Shop! :D


In other news, I figured out how to make a simple star cotton candy: yellow star cone, with all yellow cotton candy.

If you want a comprehensive list of cotton candy recipes, licia144 left one in the comments section of my last post

Personally, I skipped over the list because I want to figure it all out on my own, but I'm sure many of you would find licia144's advice super helpful!!! ^-^


Over in AJHQ's Old Barn showcase den, I found an item that looks like it might come out again in July. (EDIT: I had originally thought this item was unreleased, but it turns out it's the Bundle of Sparklers that came out in the Diamond Shop a while ago. Oops XD)

On a sort of unrelated note, I realized when I walked into the Old Barn showcase that it was the first time I had heard the Horse's Only Party music in like four years. O_o

I guess being nonmember without a horse does that to ya XD

Before I go, I just wanted to let y'all know of a few things that are coming soon on this blog.

First off, June 17th is this blog's 6th birthday! I hope to make a special post and maybe host an online meet-up around that time– for the past few years I've always forgotten my blog-o-versary XD

It's also kinda special because I made my first post on a sunday– and June 17th of this year is also a sunday! :o

Secondly, me and my friend Gogreen16 were talking last week about some cool unknown items, and it made me think about a new post series idea: unknown item spotlights. What do you think about that?

See you in Jamaa guys!!! :)

~DoomyPanda 

7 comments:

  1. Oooooh!!! Itd be cool if you had a contest too:D I hope I can make it to your meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A contest would be pretty great! I don't do a lot of those on my blog, so this might be a good excuse. :)

      Delete
  2. Not only did they remove polls, but they removed emails from comments. Now, after a post you can go down to your post and click notify me, but it was a lot easier when you just got an email for any comments on your blog. Gah.

    Hey, this poll maker is a solution to my problems. The other third-party one that Blogger recommends has inappropriate ads. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the reasoning behind any of these pointless deletions aside from Blogger trying to say "yep, we're still alive!" -_-

      I'm glad I could help <3

      Delete
  3. Hmm..A series would be cool.

    (i changed to a blogger account instead)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also know that the moon cotton candy is lightning cone then white next blue and finally white again and licia144 did the rest of them because i'm her little sis. from miraculious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. remember the old cotton candy ? ( plus thank you to miraculious for helping me to find the phantom king candy floss ) it looked like real candy floss but ajhq changed the graphics.... again. if you havent noticed, ajhq also changed the jam a grams from realistic to non realistic.they also changed coral canyons too .i think aj should stay the same though without any bad changes, just like blogger should have done.
    -licia144

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^