Tuesday, July 10, 2018

RIM Theory

Hey Jammers– super short post! I have a lot to do today.

Like yesterday, I wanna talk about something kinda late: the Rare Item Monday.

I wanna talk about it because it was one of the 10% of Rare Item Mondays that are actually unique and cool.





As you can see, this meets a lot of the criteria for a Quality RIM. In my opinion, here are all the things that can make a good RIM:

– Not that much eye strain 
– Uniqueness– aspects are changed aside from color
– Nonmember

I'd rate this one a 2.5/3 because while this item is not entirely unique (like Extra Salty Popcorn), the facial expression is delightfully unexpected. Here's the original for comparison:



So the eyes were actually negated... instead of black with white pupils, we have white with black pupils. Nice!

The thing with Rare Item Mondays is that they can catch you by surprise. We get so used to weird eyestrain-y recolors that we just give up on checking the shops every Monday... and then when we least expect it, actually cool stuff shows up.

I have a theory: 90% of Rare Item Mondays are ugly on purpose. While the ugly ones don't necessarily become regarded as very rare, they make the cool RIMs even rarer. Hmm...



Before I go, I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm on Chicken Smoothie! I dunno why I didn't talk about it earlier, because so many Animal Jam people also use this pet-adopting website. 

Here's my user. I don't have a lot of people on CS to talk to, so feel free to PM me!!! Unlike Jam-a-Grams, I can actually write back personalized responses lol

That concludes this short post. See you in Jamaa!!!


9 comments:

  1. Aw darn I missed that, so used to RIMs being so bad I never get them anymore XDDD

    YAY CS! (Btw I changed my user, its Kira Nightblade now!) CS is the best game ever.. XDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how CS is still going strong after like 10 years

      Delete
  2. I agree. However, I missed the RIM because I was at a summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it too– I need to be more vigilant lol

      Delete
  3. Was that this past weeks rim? Oooh yay you got CS!! I’ll have to add you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh btw my user is jellyginger188

      Delete
    2. I've had a CS account almost as long as I've blogged about AJ XD

      I'll add you, too! :3

      Delete
  4. Forgot to buy mine in an alt., pfft, but dang it was a cute rare.
    Also seems like Blogger's not letting me comment as a Wordpress user anymore? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Blogger has been making a lot of annoying changes recently lol. They removed the ability to make polls (even they're a really popular feature), hence the non-Blogger poll to the side of AJ Stream.

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^