Thursday, August 30, 2018

Jammer Parties VS. Normal Parties?

Hey Jammers! ^3^

A while ago I put up a poll just for fun entitled "What Alpha do you relate to the most?"

Here are the results:


A large amount of Jammers relate to Greely, which I expected, because Greely is the wolf Alpha and wolves are the most popular animal on AJ. Greely is also very interesting because he works among the phantoms.

However, the most relatable Alpha is Peck! Perhaps because AJ is so full of artists. I wonder, are bunnies more popular than wolves on AJ? 

The least-related Alpha is Tavie– maybe because underwater areas are not as popular. I think that must be the reason, because Tavie's personality revolves around music, and most people like music.

When I first joined AJ as a member a long time ago, I'd love going to Crystal Reef just to stare at my dolphin doing all of the actions. It was endlessly entertaining XD

As to what Alpha I personally relate to... it's changed over the years.


When Liza had her original appearance and backstory, I related to her a lot– and not just because I've always played as a panda! 

While the other Alphas had their "bases" all around Jamaa and were never seen, Liza's base was rumored to be in the bamboo thicket of Jamaa Township, as she originally appeared to introduce new Jammers in that area. I related to this part of Liza because community is important to me.

However, when Liza's design changed, I was so put off by the idea of a skinny panda that I couldn't really relate to her anymore.


I guess right now I relate most to Cosmo, because I'm also really connected to plants.

My next post will be all about the Alphas and how they've changed over the years... stay tuned...

I created a new poll to replace the one I just overviewed, just to switch things up. The question: how do you feel about Jammer Parties?


I think this is important to ask because in my personal experience, I rarely see anyone at Jammer Parties. Even though the normal party list was moved off to the side, I always see a significant amount of people at them.

I also learned that two of my favorite parties were removed to make way for Jammer Parties– the Play Wild Party and the Trading Party:



I had originally consoled myself over the loss of Club Geoz by saying "at least we have the Play Wild Party." But we don't anymore! Instead, we just have underpopulated dance-themed Jammer Parties that people only visit to pick up items. 

Was our last piece of Club Geoz really worth exchanging for a bunch of boring Jammer Parties?

As for the Trading Party, we need it more than ever. Not only is it beautiful-looking (I love the snowy castle so much), but safe spaces to trade that aren't crammed into Aldan are very hard to come by these days. 

What I loved about the Trading Party was that you didn't need to be loaded with rares to trade. In Aldan, everyone ignores you unless you have a ton of spikes. Trading should be for everyone!

While I personally dislike Jammer Parties, I'd like conclusive evidence on how other people feel about them. That's why I'd love for you to vote on the new poll to the right of the blog! 

Also feel free to discuss your views in the comments. I love it when you guys comment :D

Ready... set... comment and vote! :O

9 comments:

  1. i think i prefer the normal parties, but both are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the normal parties. I'm kinda gonna go on a rant here and say that I'm a little mad at aj. They got rid of all the good non member items: elephant shoji screens, wavy bookshelves, birdfeeders, teacups: all gone. And don't even get me started on the selection of plants we have. I don't want to wait another month to get a new flower. I need seasonal trees! I understand fully that members pay for the game and keep it afloat, but if you had nm stuff why take it away??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also doubly annoying that when these cool items were taken away, there was no notice! Not everyone digs through entire catalogs to find clearance items every day :(

      Delete
  3. I definitely think normal parties are better, idk XD They just have more.. memories with them I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also wait, they removed the Trading Party?
    AJ
    THAT PARTY
    WAS MY CHILDHOOD
    HOW DARE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (its probably been gone for a while though, oops)

      Delete
  5. This isn't related, but I'm so glad I found this blog! I've been searching for a new one for a while after the AJ Spirit (aka my childhood) shut down. I go back and visit it for the nostalgia, but it's not the same without the people. I really hope I can have the same experience here too. I know the Animal Jam Archive exists, but it's so... eh. The Spirit Blog was cozy with a tight community, and wonderful writers. We had lots of special articles and fun contests. The Animal Jam Archive is nothing like it, so I'm so excited to find this. Thanks for being great and not shutting down! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know what you mean!! I miss the AJ Spirit too D:

      Welcome to my blog!! The only reason why I haven't posted in 10 days is because I'm just getting used to starting school lol.

      I love AJ so much there is no way at all I'll be shutting down, so enjoy your stay! My next post will be coming later today if I can find the time :D

      Delete
  6. :silently waits for a new post:

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^