Friday, May 24, 2013

Update May 23

Hey jammers! I'm back for the weekend, and maybe even the entirety of next week, depending on my schedule. There has been a new update this week, bursting to the brim with new things!


This definitely sounds like fun. Here's a preview of what it looks like:



Next up, there are some new polls around Jamaa! Calls of the Wild are back! :)


I think they reintroduced this even with the (?) buttons to get feedback, but in clearer statistics instead of a mess of different opinions and ideas. It doesn't get as specific as the buttons, but at least they didn't entirely replace them with polls. It's still a cool new feature, though. :)

And since May 23rd has already past, elephants, rhinos, and giraffes have "migrated" for the summer. 



Oh well. At least the koalas are bound to be back soon. Speaking of which, no word has been sent out of the koalas on their little discovery. 

Also, there's a new "Name the Sidekix" contest! You can look for details on the Daily Explorer, but here is a picture to give you an idea of it.


If it were up to me, I'd call the wolf Zev. It's an actual name meaning "wolf." It doesn't fit much with the theme, but it's an idea, am I right? Who thinks Zev is a good name? Anyone?

There is also a brand new contest! 


Draw a summer-themed Jam a Gram and there's a chance that you'll be able to send it to your friends this Jamaa summer! I know what I'm going to do this weekend instead of studying.

And now for the section of the update which I'm not exactly neutral about. Club Geoz is being renovated. 


   The reason I'm not particularly happy about this is because, chances are, AJHQ will turn it into some new and bright rave thing. They probably saw that rarely anyone goes there and hypothesized that it's because of the dark colors and the somewhat dreariness that may not appeal to 8 to 12 year old eyes. 
   I like the sort of retro-vibe that Geoz has now. I came and stayed on Animal Jam for the first time because I liked that it wasn't as flashy as other digital games I tried before. AJHQ should remember that before all of the bright human-inspired items, and all of the loud parties, Animal Jam was just a fun and nature-based game about animals. 
  Despite all of this, I can't be sure if they will change Geoz to the type of room I'm imagining. They may just change the positioning of the stuff in it, just like after beta testing. Who knows?

That's all for now. See you in Jamaa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^