Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Treasure Trove of Lore

Hey Jammers! Wow... boy oh boy, this is one amazing update.

It's so amazing that I think I'll save the best for last and quickly talk about the smaller side-stories first.

Saving the best for last, here's the not-so-best first: Goats are back, with no new land along with them as was predicted by their departing message. I guess that message was flexible– it wasn't necessarily a hint.

A little better news: a new, pretty different exhibit is over at the Conservation Museum!


This exhibit is about domestic animals. Eh... I'm not too wild about it, no pun intended. I had thought it would be about important "jobs" animals have in ecosystems, like fungi and vultures helping decomposition, wolves keeping deer populations stable, and bees and bats in pollination.

I guess the main problem I have with this thing about domestic animals is that they did not ask to be isolated, bred, and used against their will for things that do not help them as individuals. They just wanted to be independent and free. But that's just my humble opinion, I don't wanna get into any arguments lol

Next up, some pretty cool news that made me very happy! 


In celebration of World Rhino Day on September 22nd, rhinos are for EVERYONE!!! Click here to learn more about how to celebrate and help protect these beautiful beings.

Now if only along with this, nonmembers could get an extra animal slot. I don't wanna have to choose between my rhino and my turtle!

Pet scorpions are here– an extremely cool creature! Mama scorpions carry their babies on their backs like this:


How sweet!!! I love little desert creatures ^-^

And now... what you've been waiting for...

The unveiling of the Forgotten Archives.


This is only a small part of the archive rooms. It is one of the coolest rooms in Jamaa, having a similar vibe to The Basement of Secrets. Only there's more to explore!

If you click different books and scrolls, different passages appear. Here are all of them so far:




I wonder if those lines can be "decoded" and ascribed to different areas in Jamaa. 



That eclipsed sun is a shutting eye! It reminds me of something I might doodle on my notebooks. I like to draw shutting eyeballs for some reason. :D

Is that the eye of Zios? 

You know, I think this update really shows how willing and adept AJHQ is at balancing a lighthearted educational game with some good, genuine lore. 

The lore, especially the recently revised stories, have good messages against divisiveness and support a moral of environmental respect. Honestly, I think those are the most important things to talk about, especially today. 

I am so excited about this new archive.

I'm sure there will be new passages to piece together soon...

Before I go, here's an inspiring quote from my friend:


Truer words have not been spoken.

And here's a Masterpiece I'm trying to finish before my membership expires:


See you in Jamaa! :D

7 comments:

  1. I like the scorpion pets, actually!! XD They are pretty unique!

    Hmm, about the eclipsed sun... Me and Sarah both agree it looks like a phantom eye. Zio's eyes don't really look like that. Maybe it's his real eye? Or what if he's just an enchanted mask? Anyway, my theory is that it looks like a phantom eye and it might have something to do with Night of the Phantoms? :o

    Oooo!! :O Your art is so amazing!! *wishes we could do an art trade* XD Would we possibly be able to? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! That is, if I can put out enough Masterpieces before my membership expires in two days! XD

      The Masterpiece above was intended to be Invader Zim-themed (I don't know if you know what that is, it's an older cartoon/comic I like a lot) so if you'd like I can save a copy of what I have so far and trade it to you without the weird Zim I'm gonna add.

      Delete
    2. Oooooo! Yes, I'd love that!!! :D I like the city skyline. :)

      And I don't know what Invader-Zim is soooo. XDDD

      Eeeee, thank you! Which masterpiece would you want?

      Delete
  2. I love your art piece! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW That masterpiece is AMAZING Doomy! :OO

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^