Thursday, October 12, 2017

SADNESS (and Hope?)

Hello, friends. I hope you all are prepared for a tidal wave of unbridled drama. :)

So, let's start at the beginning.



WHY, AJHQ????? 

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO US????

THE PHANTOMS DIDN'T HAVE TO STRIKE CLUB GEOZ, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO COME OUT AND JUST SAY "whoop dee doo, Geoz is gone 4 good!!!!! Time for Diamond Shop 2: the sequel :)"

IF THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING, AND THE PHANTOMS WILL LEVEL EVERY SINGLE BUILDING IN THE TOWNSHIP, WILL THIS JUST BE AN ANNOYING EXCUSE TO RENOVATE EVERYTHING PAST RECOGNITION? WILL THERE BE NOTHING BUT DIAMOND SHOP CLONES SOON? 

IF YOU'RE PLANNING THAT, STOP! IT'S SO UNCALLED FOR. RENOVATION OF OLDER ROOMS JUST DRIVES PEOPLE AWAY



MY FRIEND MEEK TINYMOON LOUDLY AND VIOLENTLY AGREES WITH ME, YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT IN THIS SCREENSHOT. (:

AND ALRIGHT, I ADMIT IT, THAT SECRET ITEM YOU GET BY CLICKING THE MUSIC NOTE BANNER IS PRETTY NICE AND I WANT TO WEAR IT FOREVER. BUT WHEN FUTURE JAMMERS RARE-IFY THESE DUMB HATS AND TRADE THEIR KIDNEYS FOR THEM WILL THEY EVEN KNOW WHAT 'CLUB GEOZ' IS???? WILL THEY???? HUH???


One word, AJHQ:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

....


....


*ahem*

I'm okay now.

So, friends, what do we know?

1. AJHQ probably knew that a lot of Jammers would be upset. Especially the ones who love and defend underrated rooms.

2. The Jamaa Journal claims that Club Geoz is "closing its doors for good". Again, that was probably to make people freak out. Like I did.

3. Aside from the Pillow Room/Medical Center shift, no room has ever just been removed from Jamaa. Club Geoz, while old, is very different from the beta medical center. During beta, no one ever went in the Medical Center. Club Geoz has always been a fun place, it just became a little less popular since the Diamond Shop crowded it out. 

4. Still, according to the party AJHQ started in their Sneak Peek video, and the fact that they felt the need to give us a uncharacteristically awesome nonmember item as a consolation, they are well aware that a lot of people still LOVE Club Geoz.

5. A few years ago, AJHQ said that Club Geoz would be remodeled. The remodels were abandoned. Maybe that's relevant.

From all this evidence, it seems that there is a strong chance that Club Geoz will NOT be entirely replaced, despite what the Jamaa Journal claims. 

And the fact that they called the consolation item "Club Geoz Hat and Headphones" seems like the name "Club Geoz" isn't going away. 

So, what's the most likely outcome of this?

This whole thing might have been partially intended to get everyone interested in Club Geoz again. And perhaps give them a feeling of actual anger toward the phantoms as conflicts build.

Club Geoz will most likely get remodeled. I hope it comes back the same way it was, but it probably won't. :(



Honestly, even though it might not seem very flashy to a lot of people, I always liked Club Geoz's "dustiness". It seems appropriate– AJ isn't a glitzy game with too many bright lights, it's a natural game. Club Geoz seems very unique and important in its earthiness. 

Its dustiness is honestly my favorite thing about Club Geoz, as well as any room on AJ. It also is probably what makes beta items so appealing to many people: an earthy dustiness, as if each thing from beta is ancient. That's the AJ aesthetic.

Well, maybe this will turn out okay in the end. It seems like AJHQ is slowly building up a feeling of serious-ness with the phantoms that does not stay strictly in adventures. It's in Jamaa now. Maybe they want us to focus on that rather than the more light-hearted aspects of Jamaa, like silly parties.

Maybe when all of this is over, Club Geoz will reopen and we'll have a huge dance party. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See you in Jamaa!

11 comments:

  1. I hope Club Geoz will return and be back to way it was, Also, I wonder If the AJ toy for Club Geoz will be a clue that it will stay the same, Because it Looks like how it does, And the other Parties looks like it, Maybe it'll be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Talloose! I thought of the same thing!

      Delete
  2. I personally think AJ is just remodeling AJ. And they are getting rid of all the things that was there since forever and now and they are just blaming it on the lines of light or whatever it is called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not. I always thought AJHQ was aware of all the things the community holds dear, given that they are more receptive than other games. :\

      Delete
  3. I personally enjoy the lore they tied into the remodeling of Club Geoz. As a non-beta player, I am not as tied to Club Geoz as some others, but it always holds a special place in my heart, remodeled or not.

    As for the dance party..
    count me in. x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate with that. I'm not from beta either (I joined in 2012), but I've always loved Club Geoz. I like how dark purple it is XD

      Delete
  4. Ah, Club Geoz. If you know undertale your gonna know what I'm saying..
    I went to Club Geoz by following a friend and when I came in.. It felt like what I'VE always wanted to happen in the game. Or well, any fan game.
    AUs of Sans were there. (Ink Sans, Error Sans, Normal Sans, and I think.. I forgot ;-;) And from there, I came there more often. :P
    Odd, Huh?
    -Mini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't play Undertale, but that sounds interesting. Random character flash mobs are always fun XD

      Delete
    2. There's a whole fandom of AUs (Forgot to say that it means Another Universe), Underfell,Underswap,Angeltale,Oceantale (Russian I guess but came to America in Russian? Idk) , The list is endless..
      -Mini

      Delete
  5. P.S: I joined at.. 2015? 2016? One of those years, during the Christmas month.

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^