Sunday, December 3, 2017

AJHQ Embraces Clans + Secrets You've Missed

Hey Jammers, happy Jamaalidays!



While yesterday was the first day of December, there was a widespread glitch where practically no one could open the first gift! I took this screenshot on that day. 

However, if you were one of those people, you really didn't miss much. This is what the Day 1 gift was supposed to be:



This calendar seems to continue the "tradition" started last year of giving out diamonds every other day as gifts, but a new one seems to have been introduced as well... on days 6 and 14, are those Masterpiece Tokens?



Up until recently, I had thought this promo item to be completely useless and that people trading for them just wanted a weird looking item. 

It was only this week that I learned Masterpiece Tokens allow you to make a free Masterpiece– Nonmembers included!

This is wonderful because the only reason I ever get membership is to make Masterpieces. Now I never have to spend that extra money again!!! :D

So, my fellow nonmember artist friends, remember to log on on December 6th and December 14th for the chance to make 2 free Masterpieces. ;D

Because today is the 3rd day of the Jamaalidays, there are still two gifts left to discuss. 





I had the idea to make up verses in the style of that "12 days of Christmas" song for each gift given out. I don't know how long this will last, given that there are 31 gifts, but I hope this might be helpful if you'd like to remember what gifts were given out on which days. XD

So, I begin:


 On the 3rd day of Jamaalidays, AJHQ gave to me: Eight strung bells,
One creepy mask,
And a hedge that nobody got~ 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post everyday to add a verse, but every couple day's I'll continue it. 

Aside from the advent calendar, a few other notable things have come out this update:


As is every year, there's the Jamaaliday Jam party, the ever-laggy Jamaaliday Rescue maze, and a new addition to the Zios Archives adventures: The Mystery Below. O_o

I have not yet went through it yet, but once I do I'll be sure to tell y'all all about it!

Another thing in the Forgotten Archives that people seem to miss every update is the constantly changing scroll excerpts:



The top one is last update's, and the bottom one is current.

The scrolls that are constantly changing are the ones on the bottom floor in the tall shelves. I have screenshots of most if not all of them so far, and eventually I'll compile them all together. 

This update's new excerpt raises some interesting questions: what calamities have been brought upon Jamaa by us, its inhabitants? Well, there's scamming, hacking, and some bullying, but what is this passage referring to exactly? Could it be environmental problems caused by the clearing of land? 

I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

On a side note, I love each and every illustration in the Forgotten Archives. Maybe I'll use one of my Masterpiece Tokens to recreate one! ^_^

Before I go, y'all know already that I don't talk much about AJ Play Wild, mostly because I rarely log onto it, but something caught my eye recently on AJHQ's Instagram page:


Packs in Play Wild? What is this?



Apparently, AJHQ has not only embraced the idea of role-play clans, but they've imbedded a feature into AJPW that allows you to make one!

Most of the reason I don't go onto AJPW very often is the fact that 3D CGI makes me nauseous, but you know, I think I'll have to check this thing out. 

There's a lot of stuff on AJPW not at all on browser AJ. Then again, there have also been some mini-games on Play Wild that were introduced in the desktop version. Could packs come to browser AJ, perhaps? What do y'all think?

Before I sign off, it's come to my attention that there's some stuff I've neglected to do. First one being the creation of that Trading Post page, second one being that eclipse Appondale land map I've forgotten about, and third one being that drawing of an idea for a new Alpha HQ.

That third one is in the works. I haven't got much done on it this week because of busy-ness, but I will surely finish it within the next couple weeks.

The trading post page will come sooner rather than later. I'd say... within the week.

The Appondale land map, though? Well... the soonest you can expect that is probably towards the end of this month when my school goes on break. Land maps take hours.

I'm mostly just writing this out so it gets engraved in my mind so I don't forget. So sorry for the lengthy exit.

See you in Jamaa! :D

~DoomyPanda

6 comments:

  1. I haven't played in a while so.. Yeah.. I'm late.. >~<
    BUT I think we should! Its a pretty awesome idea, mainly because I only play on PC..But that should come out!
    -Mini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if packs would make clan RP more popular. Hmm...

      Delete
  2. OOh that is a really funny/cool idea for the song Doomy!
    I wish they would add packs to normal AJ XD I hate typing on AJPW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they will. I don't know, though, it seems like they're trying to get people to play Play Wild because of stuff exclusive to the app. :\

      Delete
    2. AJ : YEEE.. Were not gonna do an update yet so ya'll have to wait..
      Fauna The Rabbit/Bunny (one of my animals): I'd rather not..
      Rosy The Rabbit/Bunny (ANOTHER one of mah animals/Fauna's sis): Agreed..
      AJ: Sorry, but there IS something to wait for..
      All my animal: SHUSH AND JUST DO THE CLANS!!
      AJ: OHH.. You might wanna go to AJPW for dat..
      Animals: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........
      Ye just a random thing..
      -Mini

      Delete
  3. Ok, I forgot my AJPW password BUT on there I tried to sign in and it worked! I made a clan (Buddies Forever but then it changed to Colorful Us) and.. Its cool I guess.. Can't do much though because of me not being able to chat (to lazy to ask.. Heh..) so I can't do much but visit the clan area and look around. (also get gems from the gem tree! Also sapphires.) Thats all :P
    -Mini

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^