Saturday, December 23, 2017

Heartstone Theories (and more!)

Hey Jammers! It's been what, three weeks since I posted last? Well, I'm not dead. Just really scatterbrained, school and all that. ^_^;

Remember that idea I started for a Jamaaliday gift song thing? It's a lot later in the month, so you might have forgotten some gifts or neglected to log on. If so, or if you just wanna see me fail at turning a song that usually has 12 verses into a song with 23, here it is. 

Up to today, here are all the verses:


 On the 23rd day of Jamaalidays, AJHQ gave to me: Chocolate chip cookies,
Two mugs of cocoa,
An edible top hat,
A gate to more gifts,
One pancake'd poinsettia,
Wreath on your head,
A fluffy hat and beard,
A MASTERPIECE TOKENNN!
Jamaaliday Scarf,
Green and red jacket,
One spiral hedge,
Candy cane socks,
A pole to the North,
Mech Angel Wings,
One broken dream,
ANOTHER MASTERPIECE TOKENNN!
One welcome mat,
Wristband made of leaves,
Eight strung bells,
One creepy mask,
And a hedge that nobody got~ 

*heavy breathing* Did... that... help???

I have not been online as much as I've wanted to, so my den is not decorated for winter aside from a bunch of snowy trees. Luckily, the Diamond Shop has a limited time sale of older Jamaaliday Gifts!


I'm gonna use those 129 diamonds to cover my den in snow angels. :3


There's also a lot of stuff at the Jamaaliday Jam to help you decorate:


Around the last update, there was a change to the Forgotten Archive that went missed by most people:


Instead of all the scrolls linking to one book passage, most (but not all) of the passages that have been showcased here are now lined up for you to read.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I don't blame you. Changes in passages were never publicized on the Jamaa Journal. Basically, every update since the opening of the Forgotten Archive, the scrolls linked to a new passage from a Jamaa history book. I screenshotted all of them and posted many on my blog, but here are them all:






You'll see that each passage comes from a separate volume of "A Complete History of Jamaa" so you cannot tell which passages are consecutive. Presumably, they are all just currently standalone. Aside from the Alpha passage, all are now readable in the archives.

Depending on your knowledge of AJ lore, some passages repeat common knowledge while some bring up questions. Is the yellow jewel the wolf heartstone? What do the other heartstones look like? What calamities have been brought upon Jamaa by its inhabitants? 

I wonder if more passages will be added.

On the topic of heartstones, I wonder if there's a way to guess which are which...


It seems that each Alpha has been given a colored gem motif in these statues. Could the order be... rose quartz, sapphire, ruby, amethyst, topaz, emerald? There are tons of gems out there, but those are just some well-known ones. 

Most likely, the heartstones are not based on actual gemstones, but we really can't know for sure.

Additionally, it looks like the color schemes of these statues don't match the jewelry of the actual Alphas, so I think that clue is just a dead end.

Hmm... could the monthly birthstones released in Epic Wonders help us figure this out? Not sure, cuz there are twelve and not six.

Based on the Alphas' personalities, here are the real-world stones I associate with them:


Peck: Ametrine
Reasoning: Similar color scheme, and some people associate this stone with creativity.


Liza: Aventurine
Reasoning: Similar color scheme, associated with enthusiasm, and sounds like "adventure" :P


Greely: Agate
Reasoning: One passage from the scrolls above seems to imply the wolf heartstone is yellowish, and agate is sometimes thought to give protection and clarity of mind– some things Greely might need if he's messing around with phantom magic. 


Cosmo: Peridot
Reasoning: Similar color scheme, and some people associate peridot with friendship, positivity, and plants (mostly because it looks like green summer leaves).


Sir Gilbert: Red Jasper
Reasoning: Similar color scheme, and some people associate this stone with stamina, stability, and strength– all words that remind me of Sir Gilbert and start with st.


Graham: Citrine
Reasoning: Similar color scheme, and often associated with positivity and inventiveness.

You know, I don't really think the Heartstones are actually real earth stones, but perhaps they might be based on them. Part of me thinks the wolf Heartstone might be based on topaz.

Do any of you have a favorite gemstone? I think mine might be amethyst. :D

See you in Jamaa! Now I'm on winter break, I'll try my best to post as often as I can.

~DoomyPanda

4 comments:

  1. Doomy, I've got some fairly good news! I did find the blog after a lot of hassle, but I did realize a lot of the posts were made a few years afterwards.

    I'll post the URL soon, I'm just checking this baby up. I haven't seen that cringeworthy blog in years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not certain if the website is working yet, but here's the URL:

    https://defnop.wordpress.com/

    Turns out I wasn't actually 5 when I wrote most of these. I must've gotten confused because there is a picture of me on the "About" page that shows a picture of me when I was 5. I look so sleep deprived in that picture! :P

    The first few posts are AJ-related crap copied from my other blogs, but the deeper you go, the weirder everything gets. My grammar is surprisingly decent for whatever age I was... There still are a lot of decently funny spelling errors though.

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^