Monday, May 21, 2018

Currency Challenges

Hey Jammers! I started this post on Sunday morning, and now I'm continuing it Monday night. Hopefully I actually finish it tonight XD

Today's post is a more detailed version of something I've been talking about this month– The Gem Challenge. 



While I did the Gem Challenge (which I will describe again in this post for those who forgot) I thought about how other currencies, like diamonds and tickets could fit into it as well.

Because I don't care much about diamond items, I converted all my accumulated diamonds into gems and donated them.

I don't know about you, but it was so satisfying when my entire diamond count just disappeared. XD

So this post is about a challenge for gems, tickets, and diamonds.

I've been talking about these ideas a bit in the comments, and I've gotten some pretty helpful feedback. I see now that a Diamond Challenge would be hard for those who are interested in diamond items, mostly because the only place you can get diamonds regularly is the Daily Spin.

That's why I'm not gonna combine gems/tickets/diamonds into one big challenge– this post will detail separate challenges, and you can pick the one/s that you're most interested in! :D

The purpose of challenges on AJ is to make the game harder for you– in a fun way! It's like Animal Jam: Hard Mode

The purpose of these specific challenges is that reducing the amount of gems/diamonds/tickets you can earn creates more of a sense of accomplishment when you finally have enough to buy something you want.

They're also like "beta simulators", too, because it was way harder to earn gems back then. If you want a taste of beta testing, these currency challenges might be fun to try! :D


The Gem Challenge

I went over The Gem Challenge in a previous post, but since then I've developed it a bit more, so I'll still explain it here.

Here's what you'll do before you start the challenge:


Step 1: Go to the Conservation Museum in Appondale.


Step 2: Click on the donation box.


Step 3: Donate your gems over and over again until you don't have any left!


Once you have less than 10 gems total, congrats! You have officially started the Gem Challenge. Welcome aboard! :D

All you need to do now is follow these rules:


 Don't spin the Daily Spin. Every time you log on, just X out of it. (Members who use the Diamond Spin are exempt)


– Only play games with a low gem yield. Some fun low-gem games include Long Shot, Swoopy Eagle, Gem Ball, Mira Says, Wind Rider, Double-up, buddy games... the list goes on! Who knows, this challenge might help you appreciate some under appreciated games. :)


Avoid gem bags/chests in adventures. A single round of a kinda-easy adventure is enough to make a fortune, so collecting all the gems kinda defeats the purpose of the Gem Challenge XD



Instead of recycling your unwanted items for gems, try trading them away. Who knows, your trash might be another Jammer's treasure!

If you follow this challenge for long enough, I can guarantee you'll feel super accomplished anytime you can afford something you want! I'm currently going through it myself, so feel free to ask me any questions. :)

These next two challenges are less complicated, because, well, there's only so many places you can get tickets and diamonds.


The Diamond Challenge

Does the Diamond Shop annoy you? Do you think diamonds are just too sparkly for Animal Jam? 

...Or, do you just want diamonds to seem more special?

If so, the Diamond Challenge might just be the thing for you!


Before you begin:


Step 1: Go to the Diamond Shop in Jamaa Township.


Step 2: Exchange all the diamonds you have for gems. (If you're also doing the Gem Challenge, you can donate these gems)

Now that you have 0 diamonds, your entire diamond count should just vanish! You can pretend that the Diamond Shop never existed :D

As you continue through this challenge, you might wanna commit to a couple things:


– If you're a member, always X out of the Member Spin. Kinda defeats the purpose ;D


– This part is optional. If you're totally dedicated to ignoring diamonds, just go on with your life without 'em. However, it will make them seem more valuable if you get them solely in December through the yearly Jamaaliday Calendar

I'd imagine this Diamond Challenge would be the least popular, as I admit there is occasionally a really cool diamond item to buy.

You can try it out, or you don't have to. :)

You may like this next challenge a bit more...


The Ticket Challenge 

With the Summer Carnival approaching us quickly, you might wanna think about this challenge all about maximizing your sense of accomplishment as you work for prizes.

If there was a way to exchange tickets for gems, I'd tell you to do that first, but you can't so never mind XD


Earn your tickets from games instead of buying them with gems. If you have the time, it's way more fun!


– If you wanna up the ante, only play games that don't give you many tickets. I'm awful at Candy Catch, so I'll be doing that this summer XD

....Aaaand, that's all there is to it. You can try any challenge you want, do multiple, or don't do any if you're not interested! I'd love to hear what you think either way.

It's 11:20 PM right now.

I have to get up early tomorrow.

Maybe this was a mistake...

Uuuuuhhh....

Ah well, I'm happy I managed to post on a Monday anyway. I hope it was interesting!

I'm gonna go to sleep now... peace out guyz

~DoomyPanda

7 comments:

  1. Great post! I see what you're saying... The Gem Challenge seems fun, however, I feel the current rate you already get is good enough, and the Ticket Challenge works... But the Diamond Challenge, I have 30 diamonds I've gotten as a nonmember and let me say I do feel a lot of satisfaction...

    Satisfaction is really important, I feel if you work your way up to a spike after hours and days and weeks and months and years you really enjoy it than if you just scam or get it in a giveaway or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These challenges are really creative Doomy! Nice job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I think I might try the ticket challenge, since the summer carnival's coming up! But.. if there's some AWESOME items (and usually I LOVE the items there) I might get lazy.. XD But overall, great job on the post!

    P.S. could I make a video on this someday? I'd totally give you credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, good luck on the ticket challenge! :D

      And of course you can!! The more people who hear about it, the better :)

      Delete
  4. This seems like a really cool idea, especially since a lot of people do not appreciate the lesser gem rewarding games. It is a really cool idea. Good job Doomy! Also, my user is Rivont on AJ, buddy me?

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^