Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Earth Day! Let's heal the world.

Hey Jammers, happy Earth Day! Here's a quick post before I leave for tutoring

You've heard all about recycling and turning off the lights, but in honor of Earth Day, here are the top 3 most effective ways to reduce our negative impact on our beautiful planet and replace it with kindness.

Walk, bike, or take public transportation when you can. 

Even if your school is close by, it can be tempting to just drive/get driven and avoid walking. But you're not doing the environment or yourself any favors! I used to do that way too much, but during the past few years I've learned just how easy walking really is. (When you can, of course-- no one's asking you to walk 100 miles through the desert lol)

Eat less animal products.

No one really likes to hear this one, but as more and more science comes out we now know it to be true that the meat/dairy/egg industry is a main polluter of water sources, waster of resources, reason for habitat destruction (most of the Amazon Rainforest is cleared for cattle grazing), and source of the toxic air pollution that causes climate change (as well as the health problems that come from breathing toxic air). Anytime you buy something with meat/dairy/eggs you indirectly give money to these practices.

You don't need to be 100% vegan, but just try to choose something plant-based over something meat-based when you can. 

Fun fact: It takes the water of 30 full showers to produce one hamburger. If you want to save an ocean of water, you could A. not shower for a month, or B. have a veggie burger instead. Wow.

Don't buy what you don't really need– especially if it's plastic.

40% of food in America is wasted because people buy more than they can eat. The ocean is full of plastic because people buy toys and snacks that they don't need. Isn't it funny that snacks, the most temporary things, are packaged in plastic that lasts a billion years?


I hope you guys can help make Earth Day every day. Let's try our best!

~DoomyPanda

9 comments:

  1. Those are some good tips! I saw on twitter today that the cost to fix the Notre dam cathedral is 1 billion+ dollars which would be the same amount to get rid of the great pacific garbage patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowwww why am I not surprised :\

      There is an initiative I heard about that involves skimming the great pacific garbage patch for bigger garbage to prevent it from breaking into micro plastic (which is the really dangerous plastic that is near impossible to remove). I think it might be going into effect slowly?

      Delete
  2. Happy Earth Day to you too, Difficult! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Doomy! I'm a bit new to this blog and can't wait to see more! This blog is cool too! I remember you from Nafaria9's old blog and I saw you on Difficult's blog! To this post on, I'm gonna keep commin on this blog and more! I can't wait to read more! ;3
    -Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Space!!! I've been seeing you on AJ Timber and I'm so happy you decided to visit Animal Jam Stream! ^-^

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the warm welcome! :D I also have a question, I'm going to be a blogger soon. Any tips on blogging? -Space

      Delete
    3. That's awesome!!! I love it when the AJ blogger community expands. Some important tips:

      1. Set a reasonable posting schedule. Lots of blogs try to post every day but it just isn't always possible, so they quit outright because they want "all or nothing". Don't pressure yourself to post every day if you know you can't! You can still have a good following even if you only post once a week.

      2. AJ blogging won't always be easy, but the work it takes should NOT outweigh the fun you have :)

      3. Post about what interests YOU! You're not obligated to talk about the whole Jamaa Journal if only a little bit interests you. I do this all the time and no one has ever got mad at me because of it :P

      4. It's great to take ideas from other blogs, but don't think your blog needs to be just like everyone else's to get popular. That's too much pressure!

      5. And finally, if you want to get viewers on your blog, talk about it! In Jamaa if you can, in comment sections of AJ blogs, with your friends, etc.

      That's all I have for tips. Bottom line: having fun comes first! ^-^

      And ask me if you want any help with blog design. It's not that important-- I just love designing blogs X)

      Delete
    4. Thanks Doomy! Mine may also have a few of my many Fanfics that I write till late at night XD. I have lots of ideas! Some with and without Aj! Thanks for the tips! -Space

      Delete
  4. Hi anyone wanna be buddies with meh? My user is knightft. Sorry i know this is not for buddy requests its for comment ;)

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^