Monday, December 30, 2019

Winter Contest Results + Feral Images

Hey Jammers! I had no idea I'd be so busy with family stuff this past week– if I had known that while writing the last post, I would have extended the deadline for the contest from the 23rd to sometime this week to give y'all more time /).(\ oh well! I still wanna be fair to the people who entered in the contest by the 23rd, so I'll just post the results today.

Before that, though, here are some pictures from beta Feral! They're not mine, though– I don't think I got into the closed beta, haven't gotten an email yet. Maybe I entered the wrong email? Hmm. 

Most likely, it's just because over 18,000 players signed up for Feral beta in the first 48 hours. I don't think I have a great chance of getting in out of all those people! :0

The screenshots below are from this YouTube video. I don't really pay attention to the AJ side of YouTube, cuz honestly it's mostly just clickbait, but occasionally there's some good info. I just thought I'd post these pics to give you a sense of the artistic vibe of this new game!



You'll notice that there's a big presence of humanoid non player characters in Feral. NPCs in general seem to have a bigger role here than in AJ, where NPCs are pretty much only in adventures.


As of now, there are two different kinds of mythological characters you can play as. Both are very slender and elegant, with one being canine and the other being feline. I wonder if we'll get some rounder characters at some point. Are there any mythological creatures that look like bears? :0



Even though you can only choose between two species as of now, you have such a big ability to customize! You can even change the size and shape of the head. 


This is a example of the kind of environment you'll find in Feral. There is a big variety, and all are filled with natural landforms, but there's a much bigger presence of more human-looking buildings and structures.


Another humanoid NPC! 


I just thought this part of this land looked pretty :')


OMG THEY SAID HECK!1!!! Now I know why this game is 13+ :OOO



Just... appreciate this pretty loading screen right here with me :D


Another difference between AJ and Feral: in Feral, shops are manned by NPCs.


Another example of more human-like lands! This place is called the Trader's Port, it seems. 

I am so far really liking the land designs. They're very different from Jamaa lands, but they have a unique charm.


Another NPC-manned shop... pretty!


And this thing!!! I don't remember what it is, but you can find out if you go towards the end of that video I linked. 

What do you all think of Feral so far? It could never replace AJ, in my opinion, they're both very different games. Also, 3D animation was never my favorite-- but I'm still excited to be able to play Feral as soon as I can!

Here's a fun fact: Clark Stacey says that Feral was mostly inspired by the AJ fan art he has seen! I can really see that. Here's a post on another site with a lot of other fun facts about Feral, some I found really interesting.

Ok, now what you've probably been waiting for– the results of the contest! Only 2 people entered, but that's okay. :)


This first entry is from Wildflower75! A cute snowman on some snowy hills with a vibrant dark blue sky. I really like the bright vibrant colors used, they make this sweet drawing all the more eye-catching. 


This second entry is from Fluffacep! This one uses mostly pale colors and soft fluffy lines. I like the pale blue outline around the arctic fox that helps it stand out from the background.

It was a really hard decision to make between these two– they're both so cute in their own ways! They both show different interpretations of winter, in a way.

In the end, the winner of the Jamaa Township Portal goes to....

*drumroll*

...

....


.....


.........



Fluffacep!!! 

I was really drawn (haha drawing pun) to this character because of their dark purple eyes. Very cool and mysterious!

I'm gonna get a membership soon, so once I do I'll Jam-a-Gram you the Jamaa Township Portal, seeing as you're a member.

I'm really grateful to you two for entering the contest. If I had 2 Jamaa Township Portals, I'd give one to each of you! Both your entries were so cool :)

---

What other ideas for contests do you think I should have in the future? Should I have one like this every season, like a Spring art contest? I'd love to hear your ideas ^-^

See you in Jamaa, everyone! I'll try to post this Thursday, as I believe that is the update.

~DoomyPanda

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could do another scavenger hunt?
    -Julieblap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Fer.al is actually giving me really big Destiny 2 vibes!!
    I usually watch my friend play Des2 when we're hanging out after class so I feel like Fer.al is tripping me right now pfft-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked that up and I'm kinda maybe sorta seeing the resemblance xD
      Though Fer.al definitely looks more like Destiny 2 than Animal Jam does! :P

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, fluffacep! And really late happy new year, since my computer was NOT COOPERATING yesterday and WOULD NOT LET ME COMMENT. And yeah, I think a spring art contest would be pretty fun.

    Wildflower75

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for entering, Wildflower! And happy new year to you, too <3

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for fer.al. I got an email to sign up for the beta test. Still patiently waiting to be chosen XD Though it is only 200 people at I time I think... The graphics look really cool!

    Congrats to the winner of the contest!! Both your guys entries were awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200 at a time? Well at that rate, I probably won't be chosen for a loooong time. I was really late to send in the application xD

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^