Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The Current State of Jamaa

Hey Jammers! It's been a while since I've posted or logged into AJ Classic. I've been in the process of moving, but I've also been going through a lot of other difficult stuff, just doing my best every day.



There hasn't been much new to discuss, but logging into Animal Jam Classic today felt a lot like coming home. I haven't logged in for a while, and this may be a little surprising, but I haven't played AJ for more than 10 minutes at a time for a bunch of months now. The reason isn't that I've lost interest, heck no– I've just been incredibly distracted.

For me, AJ Classic is a lot more than a fun game, it's a way to ground myself and feel peaceful, kind of like a zen garden C:

Aaaand, because I've had a hard time feeling peaceful, it's hard to focus for long periods of time. Kinda like how it's harder to meditate if you feel overwhelmed than if you already feel calm.

Because there's not much out of the ordinary to talk about in regards to AJ Classic updates, I'm going to talk about what's been on my mind lately about AJ Classic: what is the state of Jamaa at the moment?



It's become clear that while Wildworks will definitely keep updating both Play Wild and AJ Classic, more emphasis will go toward Play Wild (AKA 'Animal Jam') moving forward, and will generally be the game that Wildworks tries to make more money from.

About a week ago I was thinking about this and it kind of freaked me out. I went on this stressful tangent of "I MUST LEARN HOW TO REMAKE AJ CLUB-PENGUIN-REWRITTEN-STYLE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO CODING KNOWLEDGE AND IT WILL GET INSTANTLY DELETED B/C IT'S ILLEGAL", researching game development and legal issues with fan game emulators, all the while becoming more and more hopeless until I burnt myself out X)

Obviously, that's not the way to go. It would be stressful all the way through and would result in nothing, so I realized that instead of focusing on the ways in which AJ Classic is currently lacking, I'm going to focus on what it already has. And honestly, it already has a lot. It makes sense why AJHQ might not know what to do for updates.



I took those screenshots from the Cruise Ship Party a literal minute ago. Some people might say "AJ is dead" but while updates might be lacking, they're not the worst, tons of people are still playing AJ Classic, and there are still things to love everywhere!

Jamaa isn't just about updates, it's about community. It's about the creativity that you can see everywhere. I know it's a sentimental thing to say about a kids game, but if you've even read one post here, y'already know I'm sentimental as HECK about Animal Jam Classic.

I'm going to try and be more positive about AJ Classic moving forward, because I'm tired of complaining about the state of the game in every post. Maybe not every post has been like that, but I'm going to try to really make sure that Animal Jam Stream is a positive corner of the bigger AJ community.

And honestly, you all already do that. Everyone who comments is just so kind! Thank you all so much for that :')

This has been a really sentimental post because that's just how I am right now :P

See you in Jamaa, and remember to try your best every day! <3

~DoomyPanda


P.S. Look at this cool seal:

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw you at the play as your pet party yesterday! I kept trying to buddy you (2 times) sorry if I was annoying! I'm ruffy46.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's cool!! Thanks for commenting. People don't normally recognize me, you didn't annoy me at all :)

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^