Sunday, December 27, 2020

I'm alive!! + Plans for January

 


AAAAAAA I really need to apologize for the lack of posts without notice. I've kept track of responding to comments, but I forgot that not everyone looks at the comments so there's probably a bunch of you who think that I abandoned you all. I'm so sorry!!! I would never do that!! 

I just wanted to write this quick post to update you and let you all know that I'm alive with no plans of ever abandoning this blog! Seriously, even if Animal Jam somehow shuts down one day, I'll keep posting here. This little community is way too important to me. Don't you freaking worry about that xD

SO! I know it probably isn't too interesting, but I think I should update you about why I haven't posted much this month. 


It really isn't anything special, but finals this month really threw me a curveball. I had so much school stuff to do, and I still even have one more essay left to complete, so that took a lot of mental energy. 

I deal with concentration problems from time to time, so when I have a ton of school stuff to complete, I tend to neglect other things so I can focus my attention on one thing a day.

And unfortunately, it's been even harder for me to concentrate because I really messed up my sleep schedule by pulling too many all-nighters to do my finals these past couple weeks. So now I'm trying to fix that!

I guess this is kind of redundant– concentration problems have been an issue for me for a long time, so it's nothing new for this blog to have big gaps in posts. Still, in case anyone is worried, I just want you to know that there's no need to be!

Here are a few topics for posts that you can definitely expect to see coming soon by early January:

2. A fun tutorial about something I discovered you can do with the Animal Jam/Animal Jam Classic app :)
3. Back by popular demand, a continuation of Berry the Koala after a 4 year hiatus!

Aaaand I also hope to make a few posts discussing general game updates, as December 31 is sure to be a big transition. 

Another goal I have for my winter break is to finally redesign this blog's layout and re-organize the pages. It's really been a long time coming, I know... ^^;

Ok guys... let's hope I can do all this! I'm gonna try real hard to fix my sleep schedule and finish what I need to do.

See you in Jamaa!

~DoomyPanda

12 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so looking forward to your upcoming posts!

    BERRY THE KOALA IS CONTINUING?! YEEEEEESSSSSS!!! I spent a whole week reading ALL of the stories!! They were so fun and entertaining XD

    (And all of your readers are sure to understand why you've been gone, there's no need to apologize :) )

    Happy (late) holidays, Doomy!

    ~popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Popcorn!!! Happy belated holidays to you too <3

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! Doomy is aliive! And WHAT!? Berry is continuing? YAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm not sure if I'll start updating it regularly again (though I hope to!), but I definitely have an idea for a new part of the story that you'll be seeing soon :D

      Delete
    2. Ooo, what is it?

      Delete
  3. Finals! I can relate. I absolutely hate it when all my teachers decide to cram their "unit assessments", "unit quizzes", and "unit finals" all into the same 2 weeks right before a break. It's totally fine if you need to take a break from posting! I know I neglect things whenever my teachers drown me in homework. That's why there are big gaps in my posting on my blog.

    I also have to deal with concentration problems, at least for things I find easy or boring. In school, the math I learn I've already studied, so it's extremely easy for me to get distracted, and then an hour later I come back and realize I've only written half of the first problem on the paper.

    And I can't wait for January! I love Spookytooth's Decrepit Barn of Horrors, especially whenever you play with the new, pixelated, wicked-sharp edged items in Animal Jam Classic, or the items made by sticking pieces of clipart together (ahem, Knight Owl Moon).

    And Berry the Koala!!! That inspired me to start writing too, though I'm collaborating with 2 of my friends, so I don't have to work as much. I'm not too good though...

    ~Wildflower75

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, finals are difficult.. I always tend to underestimate them, and sometimes I leave things until the last minute. I'm thankful I got everything done on time this semester, though! There were many times this month where it felt impossible >.<

      I'm so glad you liked part one of Spookytooth's Decrepit Barn of Horrors! That's probably gonna be the first thing I end up posting in January :)

      It means a lot to hear that Berry inspired you, and I'll be sure to continue it as soon as I can. You know, I wasn't too sure about that story for a long time, so I abandoned it, but sometime in November I checked the comments on Berry for the first time in years and was so surprised to see so many people who actually liked it and wanted it to come back. That's how I got the idea to try and continue it! I feel so lucky that people can take something positive from the posts and stories I write ^_^

      Delete
  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR DOOMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

    *throws confetti at Doomy*

    Oop- Sorry 'bout that...


    Hugs,
    Vai :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year VAIIIIIIIII!!!!! *throws the confetti back at you* xD

      Delete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR, DOOMY! It's JANUARY 2021! 🎉🎉🎉

    ~Wild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! Let's hope this year is a lot better :P

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^