Thursday, March 17, 2022

Art for Popcorn!

Hiya Jammers! I hope you're all doing well today. My laptop's losing charge, so this will just be a short post to upload the art of Popcornpizza25's AJ red panda that they won in the raffle!

I hope ya like it :>

If you're Popcorn, this art is just for you to use as you wish!

Whew... this drawing is such a huge first for me. I get so nervous about drawing animals, especially if they're sort of stylized, so I rarely end up with complete-feeling artworks of them. Animals are just so cool and I feel like I can't really capture that coolness in a drawing xD

But I tried, and I think I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! I aimed for a mix between how red pandas look on AJ and how they look in real life.

Also, aside from the initial sketch, this is also the first full drawing I've done on GIMP! I've honestly been having an easier time drawing with GIMP than I ever had with Photoshop. 

Something I learned about how to create line weight with digital art is to use an oval shaped brush instead of a circular one! I recommend you try it, if you want. 

This is also the first drawing that I made a special signature for :3

Well, that's all I got for now. I have some ideas for a couple posts, so I hope I'll be able to get to writing them after my school work is done. I have so many hours to do.... AAAAAA

See you in Jamaa!

8 comments:

  1. Doomy ohmygosh, it's gorgeous!! The line art, the shadows, the colors, it's all so cute :)) And your style, it's really really adorable.

    Thank you so much, I absolutely love it heheheheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it!! :D
      This is the first time I've drawn something in this kind of style– I draw characters in different styles depending on their personalities, and for you I thought a kind and friendly looking red panda would be super fitting c:
      I'm definitely gonna be doing art raffles again soon, this was so fun!

      Delete
  2. Heya Doomy, happy St. Patrick's Day :)

    Ok so this art is SO GOOD AH your style is beautiful ^^ I also really like the... chalky? brush you used. I love the panda's expression too, and their pose. Your art is amazing :O not to mention your signature is perfection

    i also don't understand how you draw paws so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wild! Happy day-after-St-Patricks-Day to you ^-^

      Thank you so so much for the kind feedback :')
      And that brush would be Pencil 03 on GIMP! It's one of the default choices. Not only is there a smoothing option for the brushes, there's a weight option too, which is why this red panda's lines are so straight and clear. I don't know if I could draw that cleanly without that extra trick haha

      For the paws it was helpful to look at reference images of red pandas, and I started by drawing the toes as little circles. They're one of my fav parts of the drawing

      Also, sorry I haven't been commenting as much! I've been reading your posts though, I've just been so busy >.<
      Once I can get around to it, I'm looking forward to making some art for your DTIYS challenge :)

      Delete
  3. That art's really cool! I always use Aggie.io to draw.
    -Rivero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And wow I can't believe I haven't heard of that site before, it looks really fun :D

      Delete
  4. Such an amazing drawing, I like how you did the paws and that's such a lovely signature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, Rainbow! I'm happy you like it. For the signature, I've had the idea to do something with paw prints for a while, so I'm glad it worked out ^^

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^