Sunday, May 6, 2018

Secret Idea + The Gem Challenge

Hey Jammers! Although I still need to do some bigger things with this blog, this will be a shorter and less organized post because I've made this Sunday yet another homework day for all my classes. Yikes /).(\

However, that doesn't mean I don't have some interesting stuff to tell y'all.

To start, here's a cool item I found while flipping through the Jam Mart Clothing catalog:


I know it's old news, but I just love Mech Angel stuff and I'm happy to see AJHQ has not forgotten it. :')

Next up is something weird I found at the Conservation Museum.


All the animal hats that were in the shop went on clearance. The shop is empty and the gem count is glitched.

Why?


There are a few possible explanations.

1. The shop might be stocking its own unique items next update. Keep in mind that all the animal hats were sold in Jam Mart Clothing before replacing the topiaries and animal banners sold in the Museum. 

2. The shop might be leaving altogether. If that happens, the Conservation Museum might also be leaving. However, I don't think that's likely– there's just no point I can see to removing it.

3. This is a small possibility, but because these are not the only head items that were removed, all of them might be rereleased some point in the future as part of a "Hatapalooza", which is a small event that happens on AJ when nothing else is going on. 

I think the first explanation is the most likely. 

At this point, AJ probably knows how hysterical some Jammers have been about educational content being removed*cough*me*cough*, so they hopefully won't just go ahead and remove something needlessly.

Moving on, I noticed a couple other things in in Conservation Museum that may be worth looking at:


I dunno how recent these are, but they're cool.

And...


The characters on this sign repeat in some places, so there's a chance that this may be an example of a made-up language on AJ.

We already know about Tiger Script. I wonder when we will learn to decode another...

Maybe there's even a Panda Script! :D



Moving onto another area in Jamaa: The Chamber of Knowledge/Basement of Secrets.

The Basement of Secrets is obviously meant to be positioned directly under the trap door in the Chamber of Knowledge.

However, it is only accessible through clicking a hidden patch on the map.

I had a thought today:

What if lighting all the candles on the first floor of the Chamber of Knowledge would unlock the trap door?

That way, the Basement of Secrets would stay secret, but it would be more fun to open!

What do you guys think?

To conclude this post, here's a little something different:


Do you ever think about how easy it is to get gems in Jamaa?

You don't even have to play games. Through the Daily Spin alone I accumulate thousands of gems.

Stuff is more expensive now, but it's just so easy to buy anything you want. There is none of the struggle to collect gems that there used to be...

...and consequently, not as much of a feeling of accomplishment when you have enough to buy something.

So I thought of something to make Animal Jam a little more interesting:

The Gem Challenge


This challenge is a bit like a Hard Mode for Animal Jam– or a kind of simulation of the Beta Days. Allow me to explain:



To start off, get rid of your hundreds of excess gems by donating them in the Conservation Museum. 

You can only donate up to 5,000 at once, so if you have more than that, just keep repeatedly donating as much as you can until you are unable to donate any more.

For the rest of this challenge, here's what you're gonna do to add an extra level to your AJ experience:


Whenever you log in, skip the Daily Spin. Just click the blue X on the upper right corner.


As you play games, only play ones that yield less than 100 gems per play. 

Some examples are Gem Ball, Wind Rider, Long Shot, Twister, Double Up, Swoopy Eagle, and almost all of the buddy games.

You can still play any adventure you want for this challenge– as long as you avoid gem bags and gem chests.

All of this is to maximize the sense of accomplishment you will feel when you finally have enough gems to buy an item you want!

I'm gonna dedicate myself to this challenge and tell y'all how it goes. If you're interested, you can join me! :D

See you in Jamaa,

15 comments:

  1. Hmmmm interesting theory and challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one who thinks that Zios statue is creepy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zios statue actually makes me really happy whenever I look at it XD

      Delete
  3. i hope the conversation museum dose`t close down! it might even be replaced by somthing horrible like what happened to club geoz! example of what might happen:
    AJHQ: o no! the conversation museum is closed but donut worry! we have a new spike shop with spiked everything1 isnt that epic jammersm XD! oh and all the stuff is members only!!!
    me, u and all the other nonmembers: why. why did u do this aj!
    -licia144

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm FOR SURE Trying out the Gem challenge, Doomy -Fasty1212

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely amazing and so interesting! I'm probably gonna feel real bad about all those animal hats I recycled XD And the gem challenge's really cool! Although I don't think I'd have enough effort to do it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Comments like this make my day :D

      Also, I just looked in the Conservation Museum and most of the animal hats have actually returned! I'll be talking about it in the post I'm writing right now... stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. Haha yay! I will be stocking up on bunny hats if they ever decide to leave >.< and can't wait to see more of your posts! :3

      Delete
  6. I donated all my gems and I have 0 left. I am a member, I do the diamond spin, should I still X out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, the gem challenge is just about gems, but I would personally still X out.

      Delete
    2. I have a ton of diamonds so what I'm planning on doing is exchanging all my diamonds for gems and donating all those gems.

      Delete
    3. I'm gonna keep my diamonds but not trade them for gems. I had an idea. Members only, it's where all members make a nonmember account and use that one for a month. (that seemed better in my head)

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^