Monday, July 9, 2018

Lag, Glorious Lag

Hey Jammers!

I know it's a little late to talk about the update, but I gotta few things to say.

First of all, look at my dodo:


Kingtoast is not my actual pet, because I have no diamonds, but he will be my best friend in spirit. 


Kingtoast can take the form of a bad transparent png so he may travel beyond Jamaa and into the great unknown.

While it only took me a few minutes to make the png before my wrist started cramping up, it took me a long time to make Kingtoast. 

Why, you ask?

One word: lag

Every time there's an update, everything gets slower and slower. I have only one tab open with Animal Jam, no programs running in the background... and still, even in an empty server, I can barely click anything.

And I'm not the only one having problems:


So, obviously this is a problem.

In my opinion, a lot of stuff in the updates doesn't need to be there. We don't really need a constant stream of new pets and animals– and having bigger gaps between introducing that kinda stuff will make it feel more special. 

Maybe it might also give AJHQ a break too, it really seems like they don't have much time at all to make new stuff. 

Also, ever since the homepage changed from the consistent Alpha image, I've always got severe lag from all the animations everywhere:


Anyone else?

So, that concludes this short post. I'm surprised that for the most part I've kept up with posting daily... wow. See you in Jamaa!

3 comments:

  1. That dodo is amazing XDD

    I agree about AJ adding new pets and animals Like julian2 said, we are really getting new content, actual content that will last like minigames and adventures, and masterpieces did. I miss the old homescreen. I noticed more and more items seem to move?
    The only thing AJ should be adding that we already have
    IS MORE NM PETS! :D It takes a bit to get into AJ now as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wonder though if AJHQ feels kinda trapped– because they've decided to kick things into high gear and maximize each update, if they went back to normal people might assume that AJ is declining. :/

      Delete
    2. I agree with what you guys saidXD

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^