Sunday, July 29, 2018

Weird Deleted Feature

Hey Jammers!!! If you've been wondering why my last post was five whole days ago, the answer is simple: laziness. I have a small summer job, and while it's only four hours a day, it involves a lot of working outside in the sun (gardening). 

I just get overly tired when I get home and I can't do much else aside from lie around and read. :\

Just wanted to clarify that because a couple people have asked me if I've lost interest in AJ blogging. The answer is a resounding NOPE!!! I'm just sleepy lol

This laziness has also meant that I still... haven't... started... on 1sun1spirit's custom Masterpiece. It will happen, I swear! I think about it every day! I've just been struggling with motivating myself /).(\

I'm gonna clean my room today, and that usually helps, so hopefully all the stuff I need to do will happen sooner rather than later.

---

Over on Animal Jam, I noticed something a little weird buried in the Settings tab a couple updates ago. 

It came unannounced, was barely noticed at all, and then vanished as soon as it arrived:


A strange button entitled 'Update Parent Email'

It seemed to imply that you may now switch your parent email address to another one. This might be helpful for Jammers (or their parents) who don't have access to their email address. 

Still, it's a very particular situation that probably doesn't happen enough to merit a whole button in the Settings tab. 

If you clicked it, things started looking a little fishy:


I think it's suspicious that clicking it gives no further information– it just asks you to write down your parent email and baits you with 1,500 gems. 

I didn't test it out. On the surface, this feature appeared innocent, and it might as well have been, but a parent email account is sensitive information for someone who might wanna hack your account.

For example: if you're afraid of someone fooling around with your account, you can lock that account from the parent dashboard. However, if that person gets your parent's email account, they can do whatever they want. 

I'm probably just being paranoid, because this button looks like it was internally implemented by AJHQ. I'd also assume that hacks into the appearance of AJ wouldn't be possible with the level of security now employed.

Still, just thought it was a lil spooky. O_o

Before I go clean my room, I just wanted to tell you an idea I came up with: graphics commissions for AJ bloggers! Of course, I wouldn't do this until I'm done with the other stuff I need to do, but it's a thought. :)

Seeya!

~DoomyPanda

20 comments:

  1. Yeah, I noticed that too, and didn't address it. Also, if you click a clothing item in shop it says the new on the preview screen.

    Graphics commissions? I'd take you up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone's interested! Once I finish the 1sun1spirit Masterpiece, I'll start doing free graphics commissions. If a lot of people start asking for them, maybe I'll start asking for items as prices, but idk how popular it'd be. ^-^

      Delete
  2. I addressed it. It basically sent an Email to the parent email saying ''Your child has created an account'' and all you have to do is hit the approve button or whatever it's called and it gives your account 1,500 gems. Kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is also a little gift right of the chat bar that has the same thing if you click on it (I tried it and got 1,500 gems. Twice.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right of the chat bar? Must be a member thing, cuz I don't see it

      Delete
    2. My nonmember spare account has the gift box too!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm interesting. I never noticed that. If that was actually AJ though, do you find it a bit weird that you would get 1500 gems for just entering an email address?
    What would the graphic commissions be like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The graphic commissions would be like banners, sidebars, buttons, pages, about-me sections, and anything else an AJ blogger would want decorated on their blog. I have a huge amount of AJ graphics already, and I'm comfortable with photoshop, so I thought it might be fun to help out with someones blog design ^-^

      Delete
  5. From what I know, new AJ and PW accounts gets gems for creating their account. In the case of Play Wild!, you create a guest account, and then a real account which needs you to send an email to a parent/guardian. Once your account is open, you get several gems for setting it up!

    I haven't made a new AJ account in ages so I wouldn't know, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad they removed the feature seemed pointless o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone would hack your account and use the feature they could practically own your account

      Delete
    2. Hopefully it wasn't a hacking thing-- it got me sp00ked

      Delete
  7. Huh, that seems a little fishy to me too o.o It doesn't seem like the 'AJHQ style of writing' either? Or is that just me XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doomy? Just a random question... I was wondering if you were vegetarian XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been vegan for five years, meaning I don't eat any animal products (milk, eggs, meat, honey, etc.) ^-^

      Delete
    2. First and foremost, I love animals! The meat and dairy industry are one and the same, so because I don't want to support any industry that kills/traumatizes animals for profit, I avoid all animal products. :)

      Additionally, animal farming is the most destructive industry on the planet, for the environment and for people. Most of the forests are cleared to make room for animal agriculture. Animal farms use a ton of resources and create a ton of waste.

      The waste created by animal agriculture is dumped into surrounding rivers and lakes, killing animals and poisoning whole communities of people who often can't do anything about it. :\

      Fun fact: Skipping one hamburger saves 660 gallons of water. That's equivalent to a month of showers! To save 660 gallons of water, you could go without showering for a month... or just decide not to eat one hamburger lol

      I've found that not eating animal products is a lot easier than it's made out to be– I'm not just eating salad all the time XD There are a ton of vegan meat/dairy/egg substitutes that taste basically the same, if not better.

      Thanks for asking! I don't often talk about this, but I do think it's an important issue :)

      Delete
    3. Oooh cool! I’d love to hear your opinion on this stuff more one day on AJ! I love animals as well but I’m not vegan XD

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^