Thursday, August 2, 2018

Juno and the New Lore

Hey Jammers! At 12 PM EST today, the biweekly update happened.

Let's see what's n–



AAAAGGHHHHH



AGGHAAGHHHHH



AAAGGAHGAHHAHAHAHHHH\H


WHY AJHQ... ITS ONLY AUGUST 2ND... 

This is the equivalent of a store pushing back-to-school supplies during the summer because there are no more money-related holidays to profit off of.

But for the people who are actually going back to school soon, R.I.P. </3 you're in our thoughts

Aside from that, though, there were some redeeming qualities of this update. And no, I'm not talking about the new pile of blindingly colorful items at the Diamond Shop.

First off,



Tiki Trouble has returned!!!

I have to admit, this is a pretty cool adventure. I made an extensive post about it when it first came out, so click here if you want some adventure knowledge (and a few conspiracy theories).

Tiki Trouble is so cool that I think I'll make a second post all about it. Eventually.

The notice in the Jamaa Journal caught my attention because I remember my buddy telling me about how much they wanted Tiki Trouble to return. I guess AJHQ was listening, Hallfall! :D

Next up, probably the biggest part of the update: Juno.



Juno, for those who never looked in the shop catalogue at the AJBDAY Party, is the name of the Arctic Wolf Alpha.



Every animal, new and old, has a corresponding Alpha to represent them. With the exception of Tavie, no Alpha that was not present in beta testing has a character backstory, but it looks like that's about to change with Juno!

What also stuck out for me while reading the above Jamaa Journal page is that Juno is referred to as 'them', rather than 'he' or 'she'– we'll get back to that soon. :)

Over in the Temple of the Ancients...



Notes, notes, notes!!! I love 'em. 

In order, this is what they have to say:






First of all, I love how each note is infused with each individual Alpha's personality. 

Second of all, Juno is once again referred to by they/them pronouns (specifically 'themself'), which all but confirms my theory that Juno is the first nonbinary Alpha! :D

That's a great first for Animal Jam, let alone any kids game! 

I wonder if this was planned from the moment that the Bronze Juno Statue was made– after all, Juno is already a traditionally gender-neutral name. 

EDIT: My theory is CONFIRMED!!!


A developer for AJ posted this on their Instagram page. Yay!!!



There we were, discovering a mysterious statue and deciding to drape clothes on like a mannequin. Little did we know that said statue would contain the spirit of an ancient Alpha...

Just now, I realized why all these newer animals don't have corresponding Alpha characters. 

All animals that exist on Earth today lived in Jamaa at some point, but the phantoms destroyed the land so much that all animals fled/went extinct except for their Heartstones. There were Alphas for all animals who fought against the phantoms, but it can be assumed that all fled/went extinct except for the main Alphas of today. When there's a new animal, they are actually returning to Jamaa.

So Jamaa as of today is slowly rebuilding from the phantom devastation, and the Alphas are trying to prevent another one.

Lore... 


See you guys in Jamaa!


14 comments:

  1. Well wow, when I was reading about the update I skipped over the Juno thing because I thought it was boring and there was nothing to analyze, I guess I was wrong. Nice! That is super cool...

    Instead of posting the items that everyone saw already in Jamaa, which is a fine thing, it's okay, you have this analysis, where you won't find it anywhere else. This is a great post...

    If Juno is a gender neutral wolf that'd be hilarious, but I can't see that happening. What might happen is Juno isn't a real wolf, but a robot! Obviously. Cracked the code right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course I don't think AJHQ will make a big deal out of it, but their intent seems pretty clear to me.

      Delete
  2. I use they/them for everything though, so I wouldn't have cared to notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate with that. AJHQ doesn't do that often, though, so it stuck out lol

      Delete
  3. Hallfall: TIKI TROUBLe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm kinda confused with the Direwolf, Sabortooth and Arctic Wolf stuff, but I guess adding Juno was nice.
    (I see everyone drawing Juno now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what might happen with the Juno statue. o.o

      Delete
    2. right now its an arctic wolf statue maybe we would have a Juno armour and a new adventure.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I still want aj to add more than an armour and an adventure

      Delete
  4. P.S. AJHQ never confirmed what gender Juno is. Don't jump to conclusions about Juno being nonbinary. Also, the plaque on the side of the monument says that "Juno" is a code name. Also Juno is the roman equivalent of Hera. Please don't say that I'm sexist, but we don't really have enough information to jump to the conclusion that Juno is nonbinary. That would be cool tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, a member of AJHQ did confirm that Juno is nonbinary. I talked about it here:

      http://animaljamstream.blogspot.com/2018/08/nonmember-shrine.html

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^