Monday, August 6, 2018

Items Too Good to Not be in Shops

Hey Jammers! Usually, I don't talk a lot about items. I just don't find most of them very interesting. 

However, there are a few that I absolutely love... and you may be surprised by a few, because they aren't all colorful, popular, or rare.

They're also all nonmember, cuz nonmember items are the best items <3

First up...


Shelves!!!

These are an awesome "building block" item; while they are small on their own, you can make a lot of cool stuff with a lot of them.

Shelves are a really good item to use if you're having a "store" at your den. Instead of just arranging items on the ground for sale, stacking them in shelves is more organized and looks nice.

Really annoying that these haven't been in shops since 2014, and because few people recognize their value, they are very hard to find and trade for. :\

Moving on to our second item...


While the flat square Shoji Screen is still available at the Dinner Party, there's something special about the folding one. Maybe it's partly due to nice memories– when I joined in 2012, Elephant Shoji Screens were a staple of every nonmember den because they gave us the ability to make separate rooms out of the Small House Den. 

Visually, this item is also pretty classic. The natural materials and geometric animal/plant patterns make this a "true AJ" item ^_^

Thankfully, this item is more popular and therefore easier to find, but because a lot of people overestimate the rarity of this once-common den staple, you'll need to be willing to overtrade for it. :\

Next up...










All the classic nonmember plants!

These all used to be considered "beta", despite only a couple (if any) were around during actual beta testing. Most came out in 2011.

Plants used to be in super high demand until a ton were released in mid-2012 at Jam Mart Furniture and the then-new Treetop Gardens. 

The Lit Palm Tree, despite seasonally being released at every Jamaaliday Jam, is still on this list because it was the first plant I ever got, and should still go along with the classic plant gang. ^-^

Because these plants are no longer in high demand, they are harder to trade for despite being less rare. That's why I think at least a few of them should come back to shops– most everything in Treetop Gardens is members only!

Last, but certainly not least:


This is the only item on my list thats in fairly high demand. I don't like most promo items, but I love this one a lot. It has a lot of stylistic similarities with the items above– the bucket of staffs reminds me of one of the potted plants. I'd say there's a decent possibility that components of this this item were originally drafted long before its official release.

Right now I'm hoping to do a kinda lore-themed den, so this is a current item I'm looking for lol

That's all of the items I can think of right now that I believe should be more easily available.

What are your favorite items? Comment down below~ ^_^

16 comments:

  1. I love a lot of items. XD Plants, books, bookshelves, armchairs, masterpieces, the crystal Mira statue, etc.

    Nice post! I like seeing things you like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By arm chairs do you also happen to mean the default-brown nonmember Arm Chair? If so I love that item! I remember I used to decorate my den by seating a koala plushie in it XD

      And thank you! I love seeing things that you like too lol

      Delete
  2. I just typed a fifty item list and then lost it. I'm too lazy to type it up again, lol. But sun hats. Moon hats. Star caps. Okay. I'm typing again. Faery and butterfly and dragonfly, any wings. Designer skirts, old hoods, arctic hoods, mech helmets, clover armor, gingerbread armor, wind armor, sombreros, camo boots, phantom gauntlets, the animated ones, ghost balloon, cat ears mask thing, cupid wings, beards, jamaaliday scarfs, candy cane socks, bone tail, monocle, moon necklace, carousel hat, giant eyeball hat, certain gloves, pan hats, and turkey hats.

    For den items I like animated windows, especially those heart windows with snow falling outside.

    ALSO, SHELVES. Back in the day I would put my plushies up on those, those... I miss those, they really need to bring those back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this way we're like opposites– I can name a billion den items I love, but only a few clothing items XD

      Let's start a petition to bring shelves back!!!

      Delete
  3. I miss those shelves, wavy bookshelves,corner corner plants, IVY WALL, bonsai tree, bamboo fence and picket fence.
    Also rose garland and fall shrub.


    I like the epic plushies a lot, there worth too much now.
    Also stuff like tall phantom statue, phantom fountain, 2nd bday cake.
    (My fav items)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove the Tall Phantom Statue. I'm always in a rush to trade for spooky items like that in October, so maybe I should start now while I still have time lol

      I love all bday cakes, but I honestly prefer the simpler ones (like the 1st and 2nd ones).

      Delete
  4. I agree, those shelfs were so useful. I really need to make some more gems to buy all the nonmember plants. My all time favourite item is Cami's frog:) A lot of items should come back to AJ that haven't been in AJ for the past few years. It seems that some of those items seem to be the most useful items too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cami's Frog is such a cute item with a wonderful backstory. I have a lot of stuffed animals that I'm really attached to and I really like how an item celebrates a beloved plushie :')

      Delete
  5. A tip for making gems is opening the Octopus Claw and putting 3 buckets of play dough or paperweights or something on the spacebar. Then go do something else for an hour or so and recycle all the plushies. The octopus plushies recycle for 150 gems each. I made over 120 thousand gems with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa that's a lot O-O

      That kind of manual cheating reminds me of how I beat Mira Says. I wrote down the pattern on a piece of paper XD

      Delete
    2. Even better? You can smash the space on the claw in the trading themed party.

      Delete
  6. Hi doomy,
    I find it really weird that your blog doesn't have a search gadget, can you please add that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've been meaning to do that... oops. ^^;
      Because it takes me a while to format stuff on my blog, I'll make a note to add one when I next have time. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  7. I agree with the shelves! I really think they should add seasonal trees and wavy bookshelves too

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is kewl! All da newsss has gone to meh. I wish I had been in the beta days. I joined 2016. If I could go bk in time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want some shelves. Also, I think there should be one more nm wallpaper option. I MISS
    BUTTERCUP RUGS THEY WERE SO CUTE :(

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^