Sunday, January 13, 2019

More Frequent Posts

Hey Jammers! This will be a short post because I need to go work on two watercolor pieces for my art class. They're due on Wednesday, but I also need to  use this time to study for finals :0

Here are some new items in Jam Mart Clothing and Jam Mart Furniture. They're not my favorite, but I believe the Alpha snow statues are 100% new:




You might be looking at this and wondering "But DoomyPanda, I thought you only posted about items you like!"

That may have been true yesterday, but I've changed my mind. You see, q1zx has recently decided to stop updating The Animal Jam Lake Blog, so the blogging community has lost one of its rare daily posters. 

Because of this, I have made it a goal to post more often. I probably will not be able to post daily except on school breaks, so right now I'm shooting for 2-3 times a week. This will mean that you'll see daily items more often, as I can't always write a long analytical post.

I'm also taking into account the results of the poll to the right of the blog:


I was actually surprised at how close the results are! I had thought more people wanted detailed posts, but I understand now that frequent posts make the community feel more active. In the glory days of the Animal Jam blogging community (2011 to 2014), most posts on popular blogs were just daily items with a sprinkling of interesting information. 

Up until now, I've held off on posting until I stumble upon a really interesting topic, but as those instances are few and far between, I believe I can contribute more to the AJ community by posting less content more frequently. 

Of course, this style of posting will not replace my analytical posts– it will just be an addition. :)

As there have been some changes in the blogging community, I edited Animal Jam Stream's blogroll.

Currently, these are the only AJ blogs that are updating daily/regularly:




The Animal Jam World had updated daily, but posts halted January 1st so I dunno what's up with that. I'll put them back in the blogroll's daily posting category if and when posting resumes.

Before I go, here's one little thing:


AJHQ recently had an Instagram contest where people decorated Winter Small House dens, and the screenshot above is part of one of the winners' den. I just thought the corner with the sturdy table was nice, as well as the outer space theme incorporated with the Wolf Cake X)

Alright, guys. Time to go work on my watercolors!!

See you in Jamaa :)

5 comments:

  1. The snow sculptures actually existed already last year, but I don't remember when it was first released...
    Oh boy, I'm guilty of doing daily updates of mostly just items and nothing more. I can't come up with content lately, so usually there's nothing interesting but returning items pfft.

    Other than that, do your best on your assignment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, daily updates like the ones you do are the glue that holds the blogging community together-- they make things feel a lot more active. Also, according to the poll I have, a surprisingly large amount of people actually prefer quick daily posts!

      Interesting things on AJ are hard to think of on a daily basis, especially when there's a lot of other things to think about, so you're not guilty of anything!

      And thanks for letting me know about the snow sculptures! That's why daily item posts are important-- they come and go so fast, it's hard to keep track of them without blogs like yours :)

      Delete
  2. Hello again, DoomyPanda! Sorry I have not been commenting. Life is always so crazy at the start/end of the year XD LOL! I am glad you decided to post regularly! Especially since q1zx's blog has been archived. I am also glad we had a really good update to start off the year! This update has brought us: a non member winter small house den, lunar eclipse stuff, the heatwave party, fearsome falcon animals, and the arctic armor set. I love all of this stuff! I decorated the winter den with all kind of stuff, (including the lunar eclipse blood moon den item!) I got a falcon and dressed it up in the arctic armor, (which looks awesome!) and hung out at the heatwave party (smoothies, slides, and swimming. What could be better?!)! Also, I loved today's RIM. It is perfect for winter! Oh and, good luck on your assignment! :) ;) :D

    -Bookgirl10

    P.S. My quest for RIM salty popcorn has been completed! :) ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, there is a glitch or something on your blog on this computer, where I can vote with the pole thing multiple times. I think that, like, literally 15 of the daily posts option votes came from me! :) ;) :D

      -Bookgirl10

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your art, can’t wait for more posts of yours

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^