Thursday, January 10, 2019

Nonmember Winter Den + Blood Moon

Hey Jammers! Sorry for the big gap in posting. I have a lot of ideas for different posts, but I need to start writing them down because I tend to forget them almost as soon as I come up with them ^^;

Aside from that, there's also school stuff that's stressing me out even more so than usual, so I've been focusing on that. And the time that I'm not doing school stuff is spent doing nothing as I prepare to do more. Aaaaaa

But anyway, I'm back to report on the update-- which is surprisingly good! o_o

Take a look at these pages of the Jamaa Journal:



As was predicted when the Autumn Small House den came out, it seems that there will be a nonmember den for every season! (I know the spring small house may be very flowery, but what of the summer small house? What season is represented by the normal small house!?)

I'm convinced that these seasonal NM dens were originally designed a long time ago in AJ's history. Look at these images, courtesy of my brother:





The design of these dens is much more earthy and muted than most new dens, which tend to be flashy and bright. 

These seasonal dens might have been designed in a similar technique as the original small house, as to not stand out too much, but it's far more likely that these are just older designs that have been collecting dust at AJHQ until now.

And I am very happy about that! I love the style of these seasonal dens, and I can't wait to see the two warm-weather ones to come ^_^

In particular, I love how the winter den's path looks. It reminds me of the original Trading Party... :')

I had thought that this would be the only redeemable part of this update, but there's also this interesting thing!:



Hmm... so on the 20th and 21st, there will be a lunar eclipse? Will a similar event take place in Jamaa, just as it did two summers ago with the large solar eclipse event? Will Jamaa Township once again be covered in shadow?

It should also be noted that the 2017 solar eclipse event brought us some very cool things, namely The Forgotten Archives beneath the Zios Statue. I wonder if more lore-related things may come from the upcoming lunar eclipse...

EDIT: There's also a cool new nonmember item to celebrate!


I saw this on Rainbow000Pegasus' blog and got really excited, because I thought "Hey! Maybe this is a hint that there will soon be night dens to put different kinds of moons in!"

...this is a cool item, but what you're not seeing is how it floats up and down weirdly like a crystal from an adventure, implying that it's meant to be displayed in a den. There goes my night den theory! :\


Fun fact: January's moon is called the Wolf Moon because January is a time when there is not much food, so some wolves are supposedly howling in hunger during this time. 

Because it's fun, I'll tell you all the other moon names:

February - Snow Moon
March - Worm Moon
April - Pink Moon
May - Flower Moon
June - Strawberry Moon
July - Buck Moon (or Thunder Moon)
August - Sturgeon Moon
September - Harvest Moon
October - Hunter's Moon
November - Beaver Moon
December - Cold Moon

Many cultures have different names for moons-- the moons above are mostly specific to North America.

If only I could write "Wolf Moon 10th, 2019" on my school work instead of "1/10/19"...

Those are the two major aspects of this update-- but wait, theres more!



The Heatwave Party has returned! 

It hasn't changed much-- all the same items are there. Still, it's very popular right now, so check it out! 

The Heatwave Party is actually one of my favorites-- most likely because I joined during a February (Snow Moon :P) and remember it fondly. 

This update has made me pretty hopeful for the rest of 2019. I suspect that the small weekly updates are over now and we're going back to more content every 2 weeks.

As I get more work done, posts will be more frequent! So... see you in Jamaa! :D

– DoomyPanda

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the normal small house is the summer den!
    -julieblap, ruler of invisible peasants (no, I didn't buy a membership)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you may be right! It looks pretty summer-y. I wonder what a small house den that is specifically summer-themed would look like, though :0

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too!!! These seasonal small houses are the best thing AJ has added in a while

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^