Thursday, May 2, 2019

PLEASE MAKE BETTER UPDATES

Hey everyone! It's a little later than I promised, but here's the update.


It's kind of bad.

I try to be positive, but I have to be honest right now: AJHQ is not stepping up their game. Updates continue to be more and more disappointing, even after Clark Stacey published that 'Return of Animal Jam FAQ' in which he said that there would be a significantly different pace in 2019. 

I'm not going to say that AJ is dying because the idea that this virtual world that brings me so much happiness could shut down soon makes me so incredibly sad. While a ton of people are online at any given time, as worse and worse updates come out, people will leave. WildWorks needs to understand this: the popularity of AJ is in their hands.

My theory about why things have been lame recently is that WildWorks is a limited amount of people working on an increasing number of games and apps. They're so spread thin that they aren't able to prioritize their strongest game (Animal Jam) as much as they used to. Maybe Play Wild is now being viewed as their strongest game.

Still, when you compare AJ with similar games, AJ has always gone above and beyond with updates. I don't think there has ever been another kids game that releases new items every day. Maybe right now AJ is becoming more 'normal'.

But that doesn't change much, because Jammers have become used to a certain standard with updates and if quality reduces noticeably, then we all get uneasy. People leave. 



There has never been so big a difference between art of a new animal and how they actually look.



They're obviously an edit of the arctic fox. They don't look anything like fennec foxes!


I wish I could get excited for the Summer Carnival, but because there were literally no new prizes last year, it's getting difficult to stay positive.

I have to be honest with you, WildWorks. PC Animal Jam has the most potential and the strongest fan base of any of your products. Jamaa is something incredibly special. Please act like you want to keep it around for a long time.

– DoomyPanda

6 comments:

  1. update finally came! but its terrible.
    -licia144

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always like that as of several years now, I couldn't even blog about Animal Jam updates at 7AM Utah time because it would not show up until it was 12PM or so, but yeah, update times are a mess lately, even in Play Wild!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve seen the update on a few blogs. It doesn’t seem very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Doomy, on all of this. Though I actually like the fennec fox and think it looks kinda like one even if it’s an edited version of the Arctic fox.

      Delete
  4. The updates for like the past year haven’t been good though:( Lets hope your right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on everything! This update is very uneventful, and I agree with you on your theory that there are limited amounts of workers working on AJ and all the other WildWorks games and apps. Let's just hope AJ is going to come out with a better update next week.

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^