Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Tale of a Snail

Hey Jammers! As promised, I'm back to talk about the Thursday update. This week's update came a day late, as having the Feast of Thanks update right on Halloween would be a little depressing, right? 

Well I'm still feeling Halloween-y. Who says it has to end for me until I feel like it? >:)


Moving on-- the first page of the Jamaa Journal says...


Pet Snails are here!!!

At first I was really excited about this– I had a pet garden snail in real life for 3 years. His name was Bob, and he was my pride and joy! I learned so much from him, and I drew him all the time. I kept him in a medium-sized terrarium, fed him cabbage, distilled water, and calcium from old shells to keep his own shell strong, and I even took him on the long trips to see my grandparents. He was a well-traveled snail. 

I'm just gonna keep talking about Bob XD

To give him water, I sprayed the walls of the terrarium with distilled water– that's water in its purest form, because fluoride and all the stuff in most tap water isn't good for snails. The droplets collected on the walls, and I would watch Bob's mouth open and drink the water! It was very interesting. I may have also put a half of a coconut shell in the terrarium for Bob to burrow under to hide during the day.

For a long period of time, though, Bob stayed burrowed under the soil of the terrarium and I was afraid he had passed away. However, he did come back up! I released him inside of a hollow log in the woods surrounding my grandparents' house.

Did you know that snails can sleep for three years straight, no problem? Snails hibernate all winter, too. Looking back, I realize that it was not the kindest thing to take Bob out of his natural habitat and keep him all alone for so long– it must have been confusing to not have to go through hibernation for 3 years, and snails like to be around other snails. 

I learned a lot from Bob, but I think it is a better idea to learn about animals on their own terms instead of taking them away from their homes.

ANYWAYS... back to Animal Jam XD

The main thing that bothers me about the AJ pet snail is that its eyes are in the wrong place!!! A snail's eyes are at the top of their eyestalks.


If only AJHQ modeled the pet snail after the Sarepia snail... then I'd be interested :P

Well, that was a long time to spend on one page of the Jamaa Journal. Moving on!!!


Peck's Den has returned! It's like the Bunnies Only Party, but a den.


Ah yes, the Capitalism Fantasy Bundle™


Twists and Turns has re-turned! The prizes are the same every year, but it's a fun adventure if you like to be challenged with mazes, or feel all Autumn-y inside c:


Again– Halloween can last as long as you want it to and AJHQ can't tell you otherwise XD

And last, but certainly not least...


Moose are coming soon!

We have too many hoofed mammals, and only one reptile. When will snakes finally arrive in desktop Jamaa? Komodo dragons? When will hippos? Hippos are a great idea. 

Moose are cool, though. I'm sure they'll end up looking great, even though we don't really need them in Jamaa right now

Before I go, here's a cute Masterpiece I found on the Daily Explorer that really makes me happy:


This is by galaxy18unicorn 

That is just my favorite shade of green right there, and the warm brown-red of the leaf pile just complements it so nicely. And that wolf is adorable! So happy :')

I hope this autumn is going well for everyone reading this. See you in Jamaa!!!

7 comments:

  1. Aww! I have a snail too, named Nitro. He helps to clean my betta's tank :)
    -julieblap
    (p.s.) I have a fall panda look anytime you want to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! We need Komodo dragons in Animal Jam, heck I'm lowkey waiting for that moment to happen, since I was a huge Komodo dragon nerd in the past.

    That is an amazing drawing, Doomy! The lineless style and they way you drew the mask and panda reflects AJ's style well- I almost thought it was some screenshot and edited over, but upon zooming in I saw that was NOT the case-
    Again, a really wonderful masterpiece- a true masterpiece.

    Ooh, pet snails! That's how to water a snail? That's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love komodo dragons, and dragons in general lol

      And wow, thank you so much! It was really fun to paint :D

      Delete
  3. Yay for snails! I never even noticed where snails eyes were before.. Well i guess I have seen snails before with eyes at the top of there attenae compared to on there face. They are cute though. Im excited for the moose, as I feel like we haven't had a proper new animal in awhile... I love that art piece you found too! The colours are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think snails would have made a good promo pet, considering most of the nonmember promo pets are smaller animals like bugs and mice

      In a way I think I'm excited for the moose, too! They're some of the biggest North American animals, right?

      And the colors of early Autumn, earthy reds and the green of the remaining plants are just the best thing <3

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad you like it!! I love to read your comments c:
    And you don't need to have an excuse to not post-- paradoxically, the thing that helped me post more was to not beat myself up for not posting! Weird, right?

    And wow, you're interested in trading for my Halloween MP? I'm not picky, I'll get back to you ASAP about it! I gotta go to school now XD

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^