Monday, July 6, 2020

Wildworks Tries Playing4thePlanet

Heeeeeyyy Jammers! I'm still in the process of moving–– I'm currently at my second temporary location before my family and I move into our final place on August 1. 

I'm still struggling a lot, but I thought I'd write a short post because last update, AJHQ finally released something new in regards to Playing4thePlanet:


This is good and all, but I'm hoping Playing4thePlanet is going to be more than just items.

For reference, here are Wildworks' agreements:


As a refresher for anyone who forgot, or just wasn't aware: Wildworks joined a group of video game companies in a pledge to do what they can with their power to help the environment. 

This group/coalition is called Playing4thePlanet, and as you can see, AJHQ has a long way to go to make a real difference. In recent years, especially this year, Wildworks has been ignoring adding new educational content to AJ, all the while advertising it to parents as a game that inspires care about the natural environment. 

Not saying it didn't do that for me! As I say all the time, AJ (Classic) really helped me discover a passion for the natural world. But that was in 2012, when educational content about nature was actually prioritized. That was when we got new videos from Brady Barr and Tierney Thys, when the Daily Explorer had actually interesting posts about animals.

Long story short: Wildworks needs to step up their game. Just including renewable energy-themed items and using "eco points" aren't enough to make much of a difference in kids' understanding of the importance of clean energy.

Admittedly, the current pandemic has probably shifted Wildworks' priorities and made working hard, but I still think it's important to think about. In 2012, AJ was literally life changing for me, but right now Wildworks has forgotten what made it special.

Back to the current news. According to Rainbow000Pegasus, despite being mentioned in the AJ Classic Jamaa Journal, AJHQ has yet to implement the eco items in the game. They're only in Play Wild as of yet.

However, according to the Daily Explorer, they're meant to be in both games:


I wish they'd explain the Playing4thePlanet coalition, or at least talk about the importance of renewable energy instead of just assuming we all know. 

Again, I don't know what's going on at Wildworks due to the pandemic, but a lack of learning about the environment has been a problem before everything started.

So... it's my job as DoomyPanda... to keep complaining about it until something changes xD

I just would like to know more details about Wildworks' Playing4theplanet situation. For two weeks a while ago, they said they donated some of the money from memberships bought during that time towards planting trees. How did that work? What group/s are they partnering with to plant the trees? I just wish I could know more. 

Wildworks isn't talking much about how updates have been affected by the pandemic, understandably, but the effects are here.

Moving on... Fer.al got a significant update:


Fer.al is now doing a season pass system! I'm not totally familiar with that, but it seems like its quests have become more of a focus. 

Ever since I finished decorating my Senri, I've kinda lost interest in Fer.al and haven't played since. Eh, just not my thing ^^;

Well... we reach the end of this post. 

Reminder: You can leave a comment anytime about anything, even if you need to rant about something not relating to a post. We're all struggling to different extents during this time, and I know what it's like to struggle and not be able to talk about it, so I'm here if you want someone to listen. 

I might take a few days to get back to your comment, but I definitely will! 

I'm here. I might post irregularly, but I'll always be here. :)

See you in Jamaa, and be kind to yourself and others, animals included <3

~DoomyPanda

3 comments:

  1. hey, do you remember mel's blog the animal jam flash? it wont let me go on it anymore, it says i had to be invited :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. :C
      I heard a while ago that it's not accessible anymore. At least it probably wasn't completely deleted and Mel still has a record, even if other people can't view it.

      Animal Jam Flash was a big part of what inspired me to start this blog in the first place, and it was a great resource!! I wonder if you might be able to view it with the Wayback Machine

      Delete
  2. I haven't touched Fer.al in forever either haha, I share the said account though so it looks like I'm on it a lot pfft.

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^