Saturday, August 7, 2021

Fishy20002's Succulent Garden Sphere + Rainbowheartcool27's Neon Sign

Hey Jammers! Ok, so the actual Animal Jam Stream contest details are still coming soon! I just wanted to post about the first couple of new Jammer-designed items that have come out today. Because they're special. 


You'll find them in Jam Mart Furniture, right at the top of the first catalog page– and wow oh wow, it looks like both of them are nonmember!

Let's get a closer look at each one:

While I'm normally really picky with items, I'm actually happy with how this came out! It's simplified, yes, but it actually looks like a polished AJ item. It has the chunky geometric curves that make the plants, the bowl, the sand, and even the metal rings look unique. 

It also has some light gradients on the succulent and the metal pieces, and while there could be more of that to flesh out this item, it still looks great! I think many people will really like this item. ^.^


I have some really vine-y indoor plants I'd love to hang like this, but they're so heavy I'd worry they'd fall T^T

My vine-y indoor plants also need to be watered more than the desert plants featured in this item. 

If you've ever noticed that the leaves of many desert plants are thick and rigid, that's because they hold on to a lot more water than other plants! Because many desert plants only need to be watered every few weeks, sometimes it makes sense to have them in a hanging vessel like that.

If the wall can support them, that is...


Moving on, we also have a new neon sign! A nonmember neon sign, in fact– this might be the first one ever.

It looks pretty alright in its display in Jam Mart Furniture, but it does have some small gaps when you place it in a den:


If you look closely at it, you'll see some white spots, like the bottom left of the letter L. It's also kind of pixelated, which makes it feel a bit out of place in my den, but maybe not everyone will be bothered by it.

Despite its flaws, I think many nonmembers will find some good use for it when designing themed dens! I can imagine this working in an arcade den, a shop den, a hair salon den... the possibilities are endless. :3

And as you may have guessed, both of these items come in a bunch of different colors aside from their defaults! 








The purple-y signs remind me of the old Play Wild Party...








It's kind of funny how out of all of these Garden Sphere color options, there isn't a normal green color for the spiky plant in front. :P

But all in all, these are some pretty good items! I'm glad we got 'em, and big thanks to Fishy20002 and Rainbowheartcool27 for being their designers. 

See you in Jamaa~

6 comments:

  1. Hallo, Doomy!

    Ahaha, wow I haven't commented in a while. I was so excited to see 4 NEW POSTS EE!

    I am so in love with these new den items, it's insane. I especially love that little hanging succulent aa. I love how it's not too bulky, but also not an underwhelming size either. And I'm usually not a fan of any of the neon/bright items in AJ, but I think this was a pleasant surprise c:

    I'm very excited to see the upcoming ones!

    ~popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popcorn!! So good to see a comment from you.

      I know right– the succulent sphere is the perfect size. None of that "giant" item nonsense nonmembers have to put up with so much :P

      Speaking of which, these first two items being nonmember is giving me the wild hope that ALL (or at least most) of the upcoming Jammer-designed items are gonna be nonmember. Fingers crossed ;-;

      Delete
  2. Oooo cool! That's amazing. I love den decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! NEON SIGN AND PLANT SPHERE!

    YAY

    So preeteeeey :D

    Also I finally have a game to play. Herd Of Hounds! No more complaining, this game is top-notched. It's somehow animated even though adobe is long gone.

    ~Dogo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that game uses HTML5? You can still find animated browser games on the internet because HTML5 is an alternative to Flash.

      Glad you found a fun game ^^

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^