Thursday, August 5, 2021

The Summer Den Item Contest Winners

Hey Jammers! An update came to Animal Jam Classic today with some new-ish stuff. I'd like to keep this post quick, so I'm just going to focus on the den item contest winners being announced! 

Oh, and don't worry– details about the contest I will be hosting are coming soon, likely in the next few days. ^.^


The amount of new Jamaa Journal pages this update is quite a lot, and some of the stuff towards the back feels too early for it to come out... I am wondering if it was released too early, which would be a blunder on AJHQ's part. National Honeybee Day is on the 21st, and there's already a page talking about it?

But announced on-time or not, let's look at the winning den item entries:





Congrats to all of the winners! It's awesome to see Jammers' creativity becoming more of a part of the game, and these look like they have the potential to become something interesting. I feel like the Tree of Dreams, the Succulent Garden Sphere, and the poster item could end up being pretty popular! I'm also wondering if the Plaque Display will come with plaques already on it, or if it will just be a backboard to hang plaques you already have.

Though I will admit it...

I'm a bit disappointed neither of my entries got in xD

I spent around 10 hours trying to recreate the old-school AJ item style with this one, but I guess maybe it was too much...?

Look, I made it so if you just take the purple background out and stick it in a den, it already kinda looks like an AJ item:


Thinking about it now, though, it's possible that they wouldn't be able to do that because of plagiarism issues. Choosing item ideas that give them more room to change them might be safer for AJHQ.

I also designed a second item:


I would have liked to see one of my ideas get in, but what I honestly care about most of all is that people enjoy the den items that come out of this contest. 

Wildworks not devoting as much effort to creating new content feels pretty sad, so I hope the creative and interesting items that won can help uplift some people who need it.

–––

In that vein, something I learned recently is that while Wildworks has definitely skimped on content updates for Animal Jam Classic, they do continue to do technical updates– meaning, bug fixes and improvements to AJC's playability. 

A recent example is them taking feedback from people who noticed this week's RIM being invisible, and then correcting it (albeit on Tuesday morning):

Screenshot credit to Rainbow000Pegasus' Ultimate Animal Jam Blog

Wildworks also completely stopped the bot raids in June by making it so that all forms of spamming in AJ/AJPW can get your account permanently banned:


(Try not to send tons of fast messages in chat, Jammer Walls, and just try not to press the same button a ton of times really fast because too much of that could get your account banned. I don't think the same thing happens if clicking is a part of a mini game, though.)


So... Wildworks has not abandoned Animal Jam, because they still care about the game working properly.

These are just the things I remind myself of whenever I'm anxious about Animal Jam Classic >.<

Well, that's all I got for now. I hope you have as good a day as you can, and I'll see you in Jamaa!

2 comments:

  1. Love your items, Doomy! They look beautiful - especially the fact you recreated the style is amazing! The rendering of it is gorgeous.
    Yeah they're at least on the backend of things, which is more important than content updates I think, but since they've always updated Play Wild! I can't help be a bit more anxious about the lack of items on AJC-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rainbow!! That really means a lot ;-;

      That's true.. you know, it's presumed that they reduced AJC updates over time because of its lessening popularity and the popularity of mobile games, but AJC really only lost popularity because WildWorks devoted less attention to it over the years while they were working on other games. So it's just been a self-perpetuating cycle :T

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^