Tuesday, September 28, 2021

And the Results are...

Hey Jammers! I'm running on only 1 hour of sleep! AAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA––

But don't worry about me– I'll just try to keep this post short. And then I'll sleep. X)

After we all got to see the amazing creativity of everyone who entered the shopkeeper contest, it's finally time to see which three characters got the most votes– and which three Jammers will get to take some prizes back to their dens!

But first, each and every one of the entrants deserves appreciation!

★ Thank you Rainbow000Pegasus, for creating Kelpinn. Aside from their super well-rendered soft shading, Kelpinn as a character just makes me smile. They have such a sweet and subtle expression. I can imagine them bringing some much needed energy to the undersea lands with how they'd run Flippers n' Fins! 

 Thank you Rivero, for creating Mystic. I think you really rose to the challenge of creating a shopkeeper to run what's probably the most obscure and least-visited shop in all of Jamaa! It's like you took the entire Basement of Secrets and turned it into a character– one look at their design and I can imagine Mystic feeling right at home watching over the quiet, damp underbelly of the Chamber of Knowledge.

 Thank you Wildflower75, for creating Reylyn. I'm struck by the dynamic pose, the beautiful colors, and how Reylyn's quirky and interesting backstory just completely matches the character that exudes from the art you drew. The vines are a great addition too– you definitely have an eye for design!

 Thank you jrl4547, for creating The Statuekeeper. I can tell how much thought and care you put into creating it, because its story and art just come to life for me whenever I look at it. They're just an amazing character. I love how you incorporated pieces of Jamaa lore in as well, and elaborated on how these underwater Alpha statues actually get made. The Statuekeeper adds so much life to Marine Marvels!

 Thank you Blackstanford3, for creating Winter. The little details and quirks you added make Winter such a distinct and fun personality– she honestly feels like she could be a real person! And beyond that, her design is awesome– the white and grey of her fur go really well with the red jacket, the butterfly cap (which should really be made a real item), and especially the reindeer slippers which somehow go so well with Winter's character. 

 Thank you vaiana70, for creating Yuri. I'm always noticing characters for their expressions and poses, and Yuri's gentle smile and subtle lean forward definitely stand out to me for how they express her personality! The sweet and simple 2D way you laid out the colors of your drawing express the gentleness of this character even more. I just love the idea of a friendly seal covered in sprinkles welcoming travelers to the Hot Cocoa Hut. 

–––

Y'all are all winners in my book. I'll always remember each of your shopkeepers whenever I visit their shops around Jamaa :)

As for the winning characters from the voting process... it's finally time to look at the results! 

*drumroll*

....

...

..

.

Congratulations everyone! 

Blackstanford3 will get the 1st place prize for Winter, Wildflower75 wins the 2nd place prize for Reylyn, and while Rivero has won 3rd place for Mystic, they have told me in the comments that they prefer the prize to go to jrl4547, creator of The Statuekeeper!

The three of you will get your prizes for AJC or AJPW, depending on which you chose in your contest entry form c:

Please let me know in the comments the best days/times for you to meet me in-game so I can trade you your prizes! I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

–––

An unrelated note before I go:

Tkaranto has written a really excellent post on their blog (The Animal Jam Bubble) about their experiences having an AJ account hacked, as well as some important tips for how to cope with that happening and how to prevent it moving forward. 

Likely due to the data breach last October, I've unfortunately known a handful of people who have lost items or their entire accounts due to hacking. If this is something you're concerned about, I really recommend you give Tkaranto's post a look! 

> Click here to read the post on The Animal Jam Bubble <

–––

Thank you all for making this contest so fun, and I'll see you in Jamaa!

25 comments:

  1. No way.

    No.

    Way.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I’m so happy!

    Does 12:30 Central time work for you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or any time later tonight would work- how about an hour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sure! So, 6pm central time tonight? I'll try to be on AJPW then

      Delete
    2. I'm in your den right now! I'll be here for 45 minutes until I have to go. If you can't make it, 12:30pm Central time tomorrow works fine too

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I was not expecting this!!!!

    Thank you so so so so so (x10000000000 more zeroes and "so"s) much!!!!

    Due to me having a nonexistent sleep schedule, I'm usually up drawing until about 11:30 PM Eastern. So from like 10:45 PM-ish (I give up on homework about then) to 11:30 PM Eastern I'm usually available, however at the moment I'm generally free from like 4:15 PM to 4:30 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. If you'd prefer a weekend, I can let you know my schedule then.

    Tomorrow though, I should be available from 5:45 PM to about 6:15 or 6:30 PM Eastern, if you want to do that?

    ~Wild

    P.S. How do you run on 1 hour of sleep? I just stop being able to function at 6. (the other day I said that 7-1=8 while doing Geometry homework because I was tired).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sleep schedule's also nonexistent!! It's mostly because my class schedule is so inconsistent. The time I need to wake up depends on the day of the week, which can be kind of annoying. Too much procrastination on my part leads to me not getting enough sleep on many days :|

      But anyways, 5:45 or 6pm EST today works for me! I'll try to remember and not be asleep then haha

      Delete
  5. So sorry I couldn’t come yesterday, Doomy! Hope I didn’t waste your time… 12:30 Central time still good today??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I just did other things while waiting yesterday. And yes, that time works well C:

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to all the winners! All the entries were truly amazing! Thanks for the shout-out Doomy!
    -Tkaranto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Doomy! I don’t know if it’s possible, but could I write a guest post for your blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’d be really cool to write a guest blog 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now I think I'm fine being the only author, but what might you wanna write a guest post about? c:

      Delete
  9. Oh god my account might be hacked 😭

    Luckily I moved all my items over to a backup before it was too late but I’m still scared

    My new account is Blackstanford4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did- thank god. And maybe about the new bundles and the opinions? Just to get my feet wet in the world of blogging. And maybe some hammer interviews on common AJ problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what– sure! I've been so busy lately I just haven't had time to post. If you're 100% sure you'd feel comfortable commenting your gmail address for your Blogger account (I wouldn't publish the comment I promise), I could send you an author invite and you could make a guest post when you'd like. All I'd ask is that once you finish writing a post, you keep it a draft so I can review it and fix the formatting if needed ^-^

      But if you'd prefer not to share your email I totally understand! If you'd like you could also type your guest post up in a comment instead along with links to the images you'd like in the post, and I could copy it into an actual post (crediting you of course). I don't think there's a word limit for comments, so that could work.

      Delete
  11. Did that comment send? I’m not sure it did 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I saw it, I'll be sending the invite soon

      Delete
  12. hey super sorry i didn't comment earlier! i saw this when it was posted but never finished my comment and then got too busy with school </3

    it was really nice for rivero to let me have the 3rd place prize- they probably won't see this but i wish them luck and happiness in whatever they do :]

    also ty doomy for what you said about the statuekeeper! i'm glad you like them and the ties i made to the lore

    as for when to meet.... can you make 3:30 pm pst on tomorrow (well today, technically), oct. 22?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaa sorry I was traveling all that day! Is there any other day/time that works for you? I know anytime Tuesday should work well for me

      And of course! Your entry was so dang creative ^_^

      I feel ya with the school busy-ness... the work is just never-ending sometimes lol

      Delete
    2. i can do tuesday! how about 4pm pst?

      Delete
    3. I might be kind of late!!! I've been doing homework at the library and I'm on my way back now, it might take a bit but I promise I'll be online before 5pm pst!

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^