Thursday, January 13, 2022

Layout Testing :)

Hey Jammers!

These past couple days, I've been making a lot of progress with my longterm goal of redesigning my blog layout. I guess I got a little burst of motivation when I learned that a lot of the older Blogger tutorials I've been finding actually can still work in 2022!

Here's a screenshot of what I've got done so far on my layout test blog:


A few of you may know that I actually finished that header in late 2019, but... never did... anything... with it. 0-0

While the header may have been the biggest part of the redesign– what with drawing the panda, positioning the background, adding glows/shadows, and don't get me started on the fonts– it was the page tabs that made me the most nervous. 

It's just hard customizing page tabs with Blogger. In the past I had tried using an image map (an image with multiple links), but the code stopped working after a while and many people told me that not all the page links worked.

But recently I've found a bunch of tutorials that did work!!! And now, after much trial and error, I think I'm pretty much happy with how the page tabs look. At least on my layout test blog.

While I haven't begun layout designing below the page tabs yet, I think the hardest part is finally out of the way. Hopefully...

> Here's the link to my layout test blog < if you ever feel like checking in on my progress!

I can't promise I'll be completely done anytime soon, but this project has started becoming more fun than annoying, so who knows?

See you in Jamaa!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh fun!!! Can't wait to see the finished product ahhh - and also you wow me with your coding skills; I can barely code the computer to count to 10

    I remember that header from long ago, and the hunt for the font.. >:D
    Good luck with this, it looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wild!! Though to be honest it's not that I have any coding skills, it's just that I Google 'blogger how to do [blank]' every time I don't know how to do something, vaguely understand the tutorials I find, then just trial-and-error copy and paste the codes where people say to paste them until things start looking right.

      I WISH I knew how to code... that would make all of this a lot easier.

      Aaaah, the font hunt... I think it was kind of funny that I spent 3+ months losing my mind trying to find the name of that beta AJ font, but then all it took was 30 seconds after posting a screenshot to a font ID forum for someone to tell me it was House Of Terror. It's amazing how some people can recognize a font from just a few blurry letters.

      Delete
  2. nice!!! excited to see what the final product will look like (also love the "graphic design is my passion" on the test blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too! I've made just a bit of progress today. And thank you X)
      I was stuck between that image and "graphic design is my burden" lol

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^