Saturday, August 4, 2018

Nonmember Shrine

Hey Jammers! For those of you who didn't see the edit on my previous post, my theory that Juno is nonbinary has been confirmed by one of the members of AJHQ.

Here's the evidence again, if you don't feel like scrolling all the way down:


Click the image to read this AJHQ member's post– it's really nice! ^-^

This was a really good decision on AJHQ's part. I was talking about Juno being nonbinary on the Animal Jam thread in Chicken Smoothie, and at least 2 people said that it made them wanna get back into Animal Jam again after a long period of disinterest. This is awesome! :)


In other news, have you looked at the Daily Explorer blog as of late? It is the official blog imbedded within the Animal Jam website.

I had thought that it's only used now to advertise merchandise or Rare Item Mondays, but there was a really cool educational article the other day! Check it out:


Click to enlarge it big enough to read.

This surprised me, because it was a genuinely good article! I had no idea that some spiders can fly by "ballooning" their silk. It was also nice to see more people in the comments who appreciate the amazingness of spiders. <3

I hope we see more of this in the future!!!


The next part of this post is a nonmember den-decorating idea I've used for my own den for a while. It's easy, flexible, and most of the items can easily be acquired. 

Read on and I'll teach you how to make a nonmember shrine!

First off, lay down one Stone Circle and three Cosmo's Stone Walls like this:


You can get a Stone Circle from the top right reward chest in Return of the Phantoms (normal mode)

You can get a Cosmo's Stone Wall from the top center reward chest in Meet Cosmo (hard mode)

Next, lay down any Alpha/Mira/Zios statue in the middle of it. For this demonstration, I will use the Zios Mask Totem:


You can get a Zios Mask Totem from the top left reward chest in The Trials of Zios (normal mode)

You can get a normal Alpha statue from the top floor of the Chamber of Knowledge. Only some of the statues are nonmember.

You can also get a bronze Alpha statue from the AJBDAY Party that comes around in early September. 

There are also some other statues of Zios/Mira/Alphas, but I can't recall them right now lol

The above arrangement is the main part of the shrine, and is fairly easy to acquire.

Here are some decorations I like to use on it that make it feel complete:


I use the Green Painted Pot (which can be acquired through trading) and put a Banana Plant behind the statue (which is available at the Monkeys Only Party)

And there you have it! I hoped you liked this little nonmember den tutorial. Maybe I'll do some more later, if you like this one. ^-^

What kinds of den decorations do you like the most?

See you in Jamaa!

18 comments:

  1. Maybe u could do den decorating using TIKI TROUBLee Prizes
    Or maybe a cool phantom den.

































































































    (Um isn't related now check my blog https://animaljamdigest.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog!!!! Gonna add it to the blogroll ASAP >:)

      Delete
    2. (Personally i think its totally fine that Juno is non binary.)

      Delete
  2. OOoh very cool Doomy!! That den is fantastic. It always amazes me how good nms can decorate their dens. I wish I could do it just as good as some. One of my buddie's house is really good at den decorating her dens are awesome!! Now that I think about it is nice for AJ to have added a non binary character. Wow an informative post on the de for once XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!!! I'm gonna keep following the Daily Explorer to see if any new interesting posts arise...

      Delete
  3. Wait, what? Juno is... they/them? Uhh, I wasn’t quiteeeeee hoping that, to be completely honest. This is a kids game after all, I wish kids wouldn’t get bombarded with this sort of stuff these days.

    Oh well, just another thing to get used to/Ignore.


    (Sorry if this offended people. I have my opinions, and you can have yours.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Juno is non binary. You don't see that in very many kid's games. Wonder if AJHQ is gonna get much backlash.
    ( Like fairy posted above, I am sorry if this offends people )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just personally wanted AJ to stay OUT of the drama of the world. Just let it be a place of safety.

      I don’t want to backlash but this goes against me and my beliefs completely.

      Delete
    2. I respect your opinion. However, acceptance of LGBTQIA+ people is not inherently harmful. Most of my friends are part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and I may also fall under that umbrella.

      The world is not made a worse place when differences are accepted. If anything, acceptance of those who are different from you may allow you to better accept yourself.

      Delete
  5. Doomy, that sounded so philosophical XD ( not sure if I spelled ''philosophical'' right)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's really weird to add this sort of gender politics stuff to a children's game which never brought this sort of stuff up in the first place. I have nothing wrong with non-binarism as a concept and I believe that informing people about it is fine but I think it's really weird to educate 6-8 year olds (aka AJ's main target demographic) about this sort of stuff. Kids likely wouldn't be able to understand abstract concepts like gender identity at that age.

    Slightly unrelated, but around 2016 the CBBC published an online short film about transgenderism titled "Just A Girl" aimed at the same target demographic. The CBBC got into hot water for releasing it because parents felt that the subject matter was too mature to be shown to young children, and the film was later removed from their website. I'm not expecting as big of a backlash (if any) but stuff like this kinda makes me feel a little weird knowing it's coming from Animal Jam of all places.

    (Also, Juno is a name with feminine origins so it's a bit of an odd name for a genderqueer character.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJHQ is not really educating kids about being nonbinary– they are just representing a nonbinary character. AJHQ has not said anything about Juno being nonbinary on official social media accounts, or in the Jamaa Journal. One developer chose to talk about Juno being nonbinary on their own personal Instagram account.

      AJ is not seeking to educate, only to represent and validate. It's for those Jammers who may identify as nonbinary in a world that doesn't see them as real. And AJHQ is not going to make a big deal out of it– they'd probably fear some people getting uncomfortable.

      Delete
  7. I love that the new arctic wolf alpha is nb! Juno is an awesome name!

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^