Friday, January 5, 2018

Nonmember Octopus Costume + AJ Horse Theory

Hey Jammers! Yesterday was the latest update– one not as eventful as others, but there are still some interesting things to be said about it.


The Jamaa Journal opens with a brief recap of the events of 2017 following the August renewal of the Zios statue, suggesting that 2018 will continue the pattern and be a very lore-centric year.

Personally, I love all the new lore stuff– the Forgotten Archive is a wonderful thing to have accessible –but I'd also like to see more educational content about nature emphasized. I'm sure there can be both! 

In other news of interest, a new outfit was announced on the third or fourth page:


I had first assumed this seemingly random outfit was just gonna be in the Diamond Shop, but no! It's in Jam Mart Clothing! Better yet, one third of the outfit is nonmember:


I was originally disappointed because shoes like these typically look really chunky and weird on pandas, but the Genie Shoes actually make a nice octopus costume. xD

PSA to all my nonmember panda friends: if you're in a fashion contest and the theme is "octopus," these Genie Shoes will let you win for sure!

Next up, we have a rather unexpected and unanticipated new animal:


Another horse?

I really wonder why AJHQ decided that a slightly different horse avatar would be a good addition to the game. The only thing I can come up with is that they released an Arabian Horse into Play Wild. 

Maybe... AJHQ is trying to reach those kids who play those horse-specific online games like Star Stable? I guess having a ton of vastly different animal avatars to choose from widens your audience. 

Do you guys think that Jammers who get Clydesdale Horses will get to play Jamaa Derby with them?


The Heatwave Party is back as well! You know, this has always been my favorite party. Around the time I first joined, I liked to get a strawberry smoothie from the Heatwave Party smoothie machine and pretend to drink it. 

On a slightly related note, have any of you had strawberry juice before? I haven't had it in a packaged form, but when I make strawberry cake I marinate strawberries in sugar until their juice comes out and it's sooooo good. I always imagine that when I get a pixelated Animal Jam smoothie.

The items at the Heatwave Shop are, refreshingly, the same they've always been:



Aside from a couple decorations, the Heatwave Party as a whole has not changed much in terms of design. I think many other Jammers can agree that having just enough visual stability in a beloved game is pretty nice.

At the moment, I feel too winter-y to even think about a heatwave, but if you want a visual vacation to a warm summer-y beach, stop by the Heatwave Party today!

See y'all in Jamaa~ ;D

3 comments:

  1. I believe they made the Clydesdale so they could have a nm horse, hopefully it will be nm XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TIGER CLAW!?!? So funny! WARRIOR CATS RULE!

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^