Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rediscovering Jamaa: The Flag Shop

Hey Jammers! I mentioned this idea I had awhile ago to make a series of posts giving tours of some underrated rooms in Jamaa. I decided to start this series today, kicking it off with a tour of The Flag Shop!


Entering the Flag Shop, you'll probably be able to tell that this room is much unlike any of the others in Jamaa– maybe even in real life, too. I've never heard of an actual flag shop before!

True to its name, there are tons of flags here. Covering the ceilings, decorating the walls, and of course, within the shop itself.

With the addition of four created flags (the Jamaa flag, the Peace flag, the Phantom flag, and the Pirate flag), there is a total of 114 country flags for sale.


While I counted up all the flags, I also noticed a couple of errors. For instance, the Ecuador flag is only a shade lighter than the Colombian flag, and it's missing its crest. 

I'm not being critical, just practicing the AJ blogger tradition of picking out details that no one would notice anyway. XD


Fun fact about the Jamaa Flag: it was designed by a Jammer named Mythical Arcticstar at the very beginning of 2012! Here's the original entry, unedited by AJHQ:


The Jamaa Flag is probably my favorite flag in the Flag Shop, but my favorite real-life flag design is probably Sri Lanka:


The downstairs portion of the Flag Shop offers even more surprises:


Among other places, you can shop for flags by clicking this adorable cash register. It took awhile for me to realize that there are two Gem symbols at the top of it. XD


There's also a simplified model of the largest legislative building in India. Look at the real version:


Cool detail, huh? There's a lot to say about these underrated rooms in AJ.


It also might be worth pointing out that the entire bottom floor of the flag shop might just be hanging off the bottom of the wood platform it rests on. 


Or not. It doesn't look like a very wise building decision. XD

Overall, the Flag Shop is a pretty classic underrated building and I hope it never goes away. Not many people visit it, so it's a nice non-laggy meeting place for you and your buddies!

What underrated room should I talk about next? Comment below~ ^.^

~DoomyPanda

3 comments:

  1. I actually do something quite similar like this on my blog, called Jamaa explorations. Except I do more of a view of what you can do thereXD Cool flag info btw:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Sorry I inadvertently copied you... XD

      Delete
  2. AHHHH!! I'M LIKE 3 MONTHS LATE SINCE THE LAST TIME I CHECKED!! AHH DOOMY I'M SO SORRY.. Ok now that thats away, I just get flags for walls in dens. XD
    -Mini

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^