Thursday, February 21, 2019

Lucky Update + Mini Exploration

Hey Jammers! It's been exactly two weeks since the last update, so here it is! Nothing too interesting, but I still wouldn't say it's a bad update.

Let's take a look at the Jamaa Journal:



Arctic foxes are back, and like with most members-only animals, I had no idea they left in the first place XD

When AJHQ puts Diamond Shop animals on clearance, they rarely announce it. At the moment, there doesn't look to be any other animals on clearance. I can't check if any other animals are currently "traveling" because to do so, I'd have to recycle my wolf.


Even though we already have Lucky Day to think about, AJHQ has brought back the Summer Carnival for a brief period to make things more Spring-y. 

I'm kinda excited for the rare carnival item– those are usually nonmember. I unfortunately can't check until this evening because that's when the next Carnival is.

If anyone is confused, you can visit the Carnival through the usual Party List:



This Party List.


Lucky Day is here! I actually really like the Lucky Party– fun music, pretty green clovers, and it's in a Small House Den. :)

I like what AJHQ said in this page of the Jamaa Journal: "This annual holiday reminds us how lucky we are to live on such a beautifully green planet" Thank you!!!

It's been far too long since the last time they talked about the natural world at all. Sometimes I get afraid that the only reason why Animal Jam incorporated info about the natural world into the game was to appeal to parents when AJ was first getting started, and that the breakup with Nat Geo was because AJ got so successful that the game didn't need the extra advertisement. 

Honestly, at a point in time when it is more important than ever to care about the natural world, it would be an incredibly irresponsible decision to eliminate that kind of educational content. C'mon AJHQ!!!!! Step it up!!!!


A notice that yes, you can probably get a Spiked Collar/Wristband/Headband/Rubberband in the big chest in Lucky Clovers. 


And this update closes with some filler– but hey! At least it's not a merchandise ad. Did-you-knows like this are probably helpful for newer players.

Still, I can't help but notice: Why is Greely the same size as Sir Gilbert? Aren't wolves smaller than tigers? And why is Liza so small? Giant pandas can be as big as tigers. 

Moving on...



As you could expect, the Lucky Day update brought along with it fresh greenery in Jamaa.


Mira has shed her icy coat for the warm months...


...and the little ladybug by the Diamond Shop is back! :')


In other news, I spent an extended amount of time on AJ a day or two ago.



I had a lot of random items I didn't want, but because I thought some other people might want them, I put them on my list and traded them for 1 necklace each. 

It was fun! Because I'm weird and don't like having too many gems, it was nicer for me to recycle 31 necklaces instead of 31 RIMs. 

While in Jamaa, I explored a couple of parties. They were surprisingly full!



The Dinner Party was packed. Pretending to eat the cake floating next to your head honestly never gets old

I also went to the Pets Only Party– not to be confused with the Play-As-Your-Pet Party.



Look at that pet seal!!! I had no idea they existed. Their dance animation is so cute <3


I really really really like the Pets Only Party. The music is one of my favorites in all of AJ, and the whole area is like a darker version of Sarepia Forest.


:D


Thanks for reading, everyone! More posts are soon to come~


5 comments:

  1. Wow, you're gonna have fun trading! :0

    I'd be careful though-- people still value black longs by a lot, but they're so common now that this could change any day. If you have a lot of den/clothing beta items, I'd suggest keeping some because those are less likely to lose value.

    Also, I responded to your comment on the Ask Doomy page-- thank you so much for visiting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly haven't really read many AJ related blogs lately, but I've been reading yours, and I have to say, you are a very talented author! I love how your posts are always kid friendly, and how you post so often. :) I know it's hard for me to post that much, and keep getting ideas. You're doing such a great job! Keep up the amazing work, Doomy!

    Not sure if you remember me, since I believe we've only met on AJ once. But I'm Graciepopstar91, and write for The Animal Jam Friendship Community, and Animal Jam Community!

    That was long, but anyways.. XDD

    It's exciting the prizes that you can win from Lucky Clovers! I can't wait to start playing it! One of my buddies friends got a black long from it yesterday. So cool that AJ puts those in there!

    Hope you have a blessed weekend!

    Remember, God made YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is hard to post so often. The main reason why I've been updating near-daily lately is because my school is on break... and break ends tomorrow TT_TT hopefully I can still find some time and energy to post this coming week!

      Thank you so much for this comment. The main goal of my blog is to help grow the positive side of Animal Jam and its community, so it makes me really happy to hear that it is appreciated <3

      Delete
  3. I feel like the lucky update came a week to early... Especially the season changes in Jamaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah seasonal updates just keep coming sooner and sooner

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^