Sunday, February 24, 2019

Screenshots + Beta Graphics + more

Hey Jammers!

So, recently I was digging around in my folder of AJ screenshots when I stumbled upon some gems that I thought you would appreciate:


is sonic needs girl


is sonic needs girl


 ĭ̘̹͙̗̳s̮̤̖ͦͮ̋͒̄͌͐͟ ͖͚͈̠͓̊ͩ̆ͦͭ̈͊s̡̠͍̯̩̟̬̹̄̂̑o̠̟̣̻̮͙͝n͊̌͐͘i̟͍̜̽͆̎ͬ̓ͮ͡c̢̪̪͇̜ͥ̃̓̈́͐ ̹̯̼̣̯̠̖̋͐̚n̬̠͙͖̅͐ͫͮ͛ͧͣ͘e̲̓̅́̂̏̈́̋ḙ̢̈́d̻̥̱̥̼̲͖̋̾ͤs̛͉̓̌ ͇̝̻̬̦͓̼̇g̛͚͐̃̑̽i͈̞̰̯͍̣̅̽̽̌ͤ̎r̸̳ͯ̊̚l̗͈̙̰͍̿





And then there's that time when I accidentally crashed a roleplay while playing Twists & Turns:



Ah, memories...

And then, the most terrifying thing you could hear during the Jamaalidays:


Another reason not to scam people-- you never know who might be Santa disguised as a piece of wood.

And now, the saga of my brother:


I don't remember the exact context of this image but when I joined AJ my friend said that you could get a Lava Glove if you praised the Mira statue. Maybe it has something to do with that


Please read the above quotation to the tune of Pompeii by Bastille.


An honest wish for the Jamaalidays

And now... the grand finale.... I present to you, the most amazing screenshot I have ever captured:


 :')

---

I recently read on Animal Jam's official Instagram that chocolate4froggy is hosting an AJ artist meet-up in their den this weekend:


Apparently AJHQ is going to be there too!

However, when I tried to go there it was locked:


Maybe chocolate4froggy is just setting up or something? I'll check back later.

---

Yesterday I used the Wayback Machine to go back to the beta AJ website. You can't log in, of course, but you can look at the graphics and text of the non-gameplay parts of the site.

Here are some I saved. Even if you don't know how you'd use them in an AJ collage project, let's just bask in the aesthetic of them:




Something is just so soothing and happy about these colors and textures ^-^

---

Wow, yet another segment to this post! It's sure been a long one so far.

This is to make up for this coming week. My week-long winter break is over tomorrow, so school will take away a lot of my time that I could be using to post :\

Anyways, do you know animal bases in AJ Play Wild? I haven't used the app in a while, but the last time I did there were special areas only accessible by certain animals.

For the longest time, it was thought that something similar was going to be implemented on desktop AJ!

And it might as well have been. Here is a screenshot from AJ's membership page in late 2010:


Not all of these features were introduced into the game– including animal bases.

It was theorized from specifically placed symbols, inaccessible entrances, and guesses where in Jamaa different animal bases would be... and where their corresponding Alphas lived.

Let's start with Coral Canyons:


Beyond that game symbol is a carving of a wolf. Greely, maybe? Because of this, it was thought that this was a door that Greely lives behind.

And you know what? This is the location of the wolf base in AJPW, so we weren't too far off.

Next, Temple of Zios:


This monkey symbol has been covering this window for a very long time. There was, however, a brief period in which a Den Portal shop covered it up, but those items were moved to the Chamber of Knowledge shop soon after.

Most monkeys live in jungle-y areas, so it's pretty logical that Graham might make his home here.

When I think of canyons, though, I think more of coyotes than wolves. Wolves seem to mostly live in areas with lots of trees, but I guess I'd imagine some kinds of wolves also live in more desert-y areas too.

Now, Jamaa Township:



Because Liza originally greeted players right by this area, and there is an unaccessible path through bamboo, it was generally assumed that the panda Alpha would live here.

Although... pandas never live in places like a township. They prefer to be far far away from all that activity. This is probably why the animal base for pandas in AJPW is in Sarepia Forest.

Now, Mt. Shiveer:


This is an older image, before the seal carving was replaced by an arctic fox carving and before the cave was covered by a Masterpiece Party sign.

It was thought from the symbol and the unaccessible cave that this must be the home of Harper, the seal Alpha. I believe the seal was the first new animal after the original six.

Aside for the other animals... it's mostly just guessed, because there are no other obvious symbols. It's thought that crocodiles live in the cave in the Temple of Zios, along with other animals who would normally live in a jungle. It's thought that Peck lives in the Art Studio, and that Cosmo lives in the Appondale tree, even if those might not be their exact habitats in real life.

Alright, I'm going to go mentally prepare to go back to school tomorrow. See you in Jamaa as soon as I can!

8 comments:

  1. Is SoNiC neEEdS GIrl
    - a random person, 2019



    -licia144

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I loaf those screenshots :3 they are so funny! I am so happy right now! I just got a non member item I have been wanting (the pink purse I know it is weird but i have always liked it for the little tassel keychain :) ), and I got good stuff from Lucky Clovers! I got a rare big bow the first time, a rim and another bow the second time (I traded those for a clothing beta!), and I just got a red short spike from it! I don't like spikes but I like to have them so if I find an item I like then I can trade its worth. Btw I am going to share my thoughts on worths now: I think that you are right, an item has no set worth, the only fair trades are ones you and the other person can agree on. But the thing is, I like to know worths bc they help me not get scammed and help me trade others what they think is fair. But anyway I do like some spikes. Please don't make fun of me. I am not obcessed with them or anything, but I like some of them. A few of them I like to wear them on animals that spikes just look like dots on them instead of 3-D spikes. :) ;) :D

    -Bookgirl10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when the pink purse was in Jam Mart Clothing! At the time I didn't like it because it was pink but now I realize it was a pretty nice item :) congrats!

      Delete
  3. Its always nice to take a trip down memory lane. Those pics you showed though were funny XD I wish those animal bases did come to AJ, though maybe they did the animal only parties instead?

    Great post again Doomy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting on my Pandas Only Party tho >:T

      Thanks Violet!

      Delete
  4. i didn't know there was so many den decorators ! o: ( this is about the poll)
    maybe you should do a post about cool dens ! ( sorry if i did any wrong spellings im not fully awake)

    -licia144

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I don't go to many dens when I'm online, but I could go den exploring to find some.

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^