Saturday, February 9, 2019

My Shops - Good or Bad?

Hey Jammers! Quick post today– I have way way way too much to do and I don't even know if I'll be able to finish it all.

This quick post is about the biggest feature brought to us by the newest update: My Shop.


Every single person in Jamaa Township right now is either advertising a My Shop or searching for a My Shop to browse.


Only members can buy a My Shop. I'm personally not that sad about that; it's cute-looking, but not "Jamaa-like" enough to make me want one.

Still, this is a very nice new feature! I bet this idea has been recommended by Jammers for a long time. Instead of recycling items for gems, you can sell them to each other for gems OR diamonds. It really changes the game for den-shops.

...but is that game-changing really all positive?



Here are a couple of things being sold in a My Shop. You can sell Masterpieces and pets, too! 

When I saw the Jamaaliday Musketeer Boots, I didn't recognize them and thought they were a December gift that I somehow missed. I clicked on them to buy them, and then...


ONLY MEMBERS CAN BUY FROM MY SHOPS

NOOOOOOOOO

Well, this is certainly a new reason to buy a membership: items once unattainable are now easily bought with a handful of currency!

I don't know about you, but before this update I didn't think AJ currency was very valuable. I had hundreds of Diamonds and thousands of Gems and there was barely anything in shops I was interested in buying.

Will My Shops increase the value of currency, or will they decrease the value of rare items?

Also, I think it's important to point out that prior to this update, most people with den shops were nonmember. Now, anyone advertising a den shop is most likely going to be a member referring to a My Shop.

I wonder what will happen to nonmember den shops centered around trading. Where will all the nonmember den-shoppers go?

Well, one thing's for certain. My Shops will increase the amount of Jammers who buy memberships– and that's great for AJHQ and the game as a whole.

See you in Jamaa!

~DoomyPanda

6 comments:

  1. I feel like its gonna decrease the use of trading for some reason. I also I don't like how nonmembers can't buy nm items from the shops. Like nm are allowed to buy nm items. Why can't they with this shop feature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true. when i go into jamma township , the majority of people are saying "shop my den!""shop my den its cheap". i`m OK with it being members only to buy , but i hate it how its members only to shop AT. plus , its messing up the rarity system. yes, i know spikes are worth like a billion betas but thats because their popular and can only be achieved in the forgotten desert,lucky clovers or by trading but now you can buy one for a few diamonds. infact , my member sister just bought a pet ladybug which is worth £80 ( $80) in real life for the price of 25 diamonds.
      -licia144

      Delete
    2. That thing about the ladybug is crazy. I remember trying to trade for one... yeesh, that was difficult.

      I wonder if AJHQ put this feature in consciously with the goal of reducing scamming/hacking for items, because items are now definitely going to be worth less.

      Delete
  2. My personal thoughts on this subject are: This item is tearing apart Animal Jam. Now, the land is divided in two: rare-obsessed members, and jealous non-members. But, I do like that now I can get more diamonds and gems, and me and my friend can 'trade' by putting a bad item in the shop for the amount the other friend wants to 'trade' to you. Anyway, I loaf the new pet lovebugs! Mine is red with light blue flowers on it and beating eyes, and I put heart antennae and a guitar on it! XD Now, music notes hover above it lol! I was starting an Animal Jam blog, but life is still crazy from the holidays so I have no idea when I will start it. Bye! :) ;) :D

    -Bookgirl10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should call it the Animal Jam Novel

      Delete
  3. i just got bullied because of the shop. i got membership and made a shop then went into jamma township to advertise my shop. one person came and used a secret valentine to say it was overpriced. he then started calling me nerd poop!
    -licia144

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^