Thursday, June 28, 2018

Party Details + Kakapo


Hey guys! dAy SiX oF dAiLy PoStInG??? WOW. 

Let's see what IceCream Cookie Kitty has to say about this...


*pats you back on the back*

Thank you XD

Now, onto the main event of this post...
I figured out the details of this meet-up! 

I also spent far too long making those tiny panda graphics. And deciding on the color scheme.

In the case that you can't see this image, this party is on Saturday July 7th at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. There are websites where you can convert EST into your own time zone, if yours differs.

It will be at my den on the server Draa. I'm currently finding some den items that will make being in a small house den a little less boring– but hey, I have Club Geoz music! 

It would be great if you could vote on the new poll to the right. I'm willing to change the date/time if a lot of you need. ^-^

Comment below if you have any questions about this. :)

In other news, I noticed something cool in Gabby Wild's Animal Hospital.

You know how there are a lot of pictures of animals on the wall? There are lions, seals, butterflies... many recognizable animals. 


This specific animal looks to be some type of parrot. That is correct, but this is no ordinary parrot...


This is a kakapo!!!

Pronounced "kar-ka-po", this is a very endangered parrot native to New Zealand. However, they were made extinct on the mainland shortly after European colonization. Today, there are fewer than 200, all of whom reside on Codfish Island off the coast of New Zealand.


Kakapo are the world's heaviest parrot (8 pounds) and are completely flightless. They are mostly nocturnal and nest underground. The image above is a male bird singing from his dug out area. It is a call to females to come and watch him dance.


Another interesting thing about kakapo– their feathers naturally smell like honey.

I immediately recognized the bird in the picture frame because I remember reading the book Kakapo Rescue: Saving the World's Strangest Parrot a few months ago.


It has some beautiful photographs in picture-book format, but I'd recommend this for all ages. It follows a team of researchers on Codfish Island, and has a lot of interesting information about what they do to study and preserve the species in their native habitat. :)

See you in Jamaa, guys! Don't forget to enter the contest~

12 comments:

  1. Darn. I think i'll be camping when the party starts :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang :\

      If I see a lot of people voting "No" on the sidebar I might change the date. I wanna make sure that as many people can go as possible

      Delete
  2. Oh shoot, gotta start checking this blog daily. HEYYY I'm away all this week and all next week and I get a small period with Wifi and you just happen to be in that period, I might be able to make it... Or I'll be tired. Hehe... Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk if I can come DX It's 12 pm on a Thursday is too early for me to get done with school, (even 1 is XD)
    Also
    how could you tell what the photo is?!
    Some of them you can easily tell
    but others
    *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually on Saturday :)

      I was just admiring all the drawings in the Animal Hospital because I think they're cute, and I just happened to recognize the kakapo XD

      Delete
    2. *facepalms*
      Why do I keep getting the date completely messed up.
      aghhhhhhh SO HOPEFULLY I CAN COME THEN!

      Delete
  4. Awww the birds look so fat and squishy:DD

    I probably won’t be able to make it to your party Doomy:( I hope you guys have fun anyways:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll see how many people can show up for the currently scheduled one, and if it's only a little I'll reschedule.

      Delete
  5. YAY! A pat on the back.. back? XD

    And I'll try to remember to come! c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I won't make it! :c I'll be gone on the 7th for a family reunion....

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^