Sunday, June 24, 2018

Weird AJ T-Shirts

Hey Jammers! I'm still figuring out the details of the upcoming contest and party, but I typed up this post last night and thought I'd publish it in the interim.

So... I don't use Instagram. A few years ago I made one just for Animal Jam stuff, but I had no idea what to post so I gave up lol

Occasionally, however, I go to the desktop version of AJHQ's IG page because sometimes I like to look at the fan art they post.

What I found yesterday was an ad for some new... interesting t-shirts.



These are definitely a far-cry from the AJ t-shirts we're used to. Exhibit A:



Unlike the above "limited edition" t-shirts, you can actually tell where this wolf shirt came from.

Typically, I don't care about Animal Jam merchandise– the only piece I own is a ragged Liza mouse pad. However, because these shirts confuse me a lot, let's look at each one and see if they're actually worth the money:



First of all, we got these two direwolf/sabertooth rivalry tees. They look like they were made to emulate those bright sports mascots. This direwolf/sabertooth "conflict" was a VidCon thing that I missed because I don't pay attention to the YouTube part of the AJ community. 

I personally wish the images were more Animal Jam-y and less generic sports team-y, but they're alright.

Next up...



*sigh*

I actually like how this shirt looks. 

It just makes me kind of sad that AJHQ still profits off of Club Geoz after they removed it. TT_TT

Most likely, the partner that designed these t-shirts just saw other AJ merchandise and modeled these t-shirts off of a vague knowledge of Animal Jam. 

Still.

bring back club geoz 2k18



This shirt is probably the most "artsy" piece of merchandise to ever be marketed under Animal Jam's name.

It's either a reference to something the designer is counting on no one understanding, or some nonsensical edginess.

And I love it.

However, that doesn't mean I'm gonna buy it– for three reasons. First one being, there is no actual photo of how this shirt looks anywhere, nor is there any description in the online shop it's being sold in. Not everyone might care about that, but my skin is sensitive to certain kinds of fabrics so I'd appreciate knowing what the shirt was made of.

Second reason:



IT'S 20 FREAKING DOLLARS

I dunno about you, but I think that's a bit much for a t-shirt I know nothing about. o_o

The third reason why I won't buy this shirt is that it looks super easy (and fun) to try to make on my own. I've been making a lot of wood block prints in my art class this year and the wolf face looks like it could be fun to carve, cover in white ink/dye and stamp onto a black t-shirt. 

I'm already gonna make a t-shirt with a print of an alien I finished this week, so why don't I also try out the wolf?

YES. I will go to the art supplies store, get some gouges, ink/dye, and squares of wood or linoleum and make some Animal Jam t-shirts!!!

I'm also especially interested of making some prints of the Mysterious Panda Banner & friends:



I'm getting off-topic. All I wanna do this summer is make prints, but I don't know if the art store near me even has printing stuff. 

Anyway, the last t-shirt:



...

Every time someone buys this shirt, Mira cries.


In my honest opinion, I don't think any of these t-shirts are worth $20. Especially the last one. I am of the strong belief that the last one is worth negative money– you should be paid if you're going to wear it in public.

That's not to say that I think the "LOST" shirt and the Geoz shirt aren't cool. I think they look interesting! Just not a big fan of spending $40 on a couple pieces of fabric.

Overall, I'm more interested in playing Animal Jam than showing people I play Animal Jam. ^_^;

Of course, that's just me. Do whatever you want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


15 comments:

  1. Oh my.... I actually don’t like any of these. XD like, they aren’t bad but ehhhh, I dunno. The LOST one makes me think of my user but UH, AJ GOT THE WRONG ANIMAL, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, AJHQ. XDDDD It also makes me think of like... “lost jammers” or just people who pretend to be hackers on AJ.

    THAT SEND RARES ONE.
    WHY
    WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEANNNN
    IT COULD AT LEAST JUST HAVE THE WORD RARE ON IT WITH THE GOLD BLOCK AROUND IT.
    BUT SEND RARES.
    Not at alllllll greedy. :1

    Great post, Doomy! I’d be interested in seeing your crafts and things. :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, tbh, $20 for a shirt isn’t bad. Like, a shirt from a game or something? That’s actually a good deal. XD

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I know $20 is pretty standard– I'm just a cheapskate XD

      Delete
    3. And yeah it seems like LOST would refer to "the lost jammer"! Thanks for pointing that out :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmmm. I saw these shirts on instagram. But why are they selling team direwolf and team sabertooth merch after the event has ended? In my opinion these look okay but still... I actually feel like these are less kid friendly than any of their merch XD Thats interesting how your skin is sensitive to some fabrics. Also, this is just a random thought that came to mind but have you considered ever adding authors back to this blog? Just wondering XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that these are less kid friendly– aside from fan art, the AJ Instagram page posts the same stuff as The Daily Explorer, but the shirts were not advertised over there this time. Pretty sure that they're targeted toward Jammers above the general age demographic.

      And to answer your question, I might add some more authors if people expressed interest! I have two co-authors listed to the side of this blog, but I'm preeeeeetty sure they quit at this point XD

      Delete
  3. :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O: O:

      Delete
  4. Wait.. These are official AJ merch..?? ':L Oh boy.. I hope the summer AJ box wont have AJ youtuber merch in it.. ):C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that YouTuber merch will be part of the AJ box, but if it is... yikes XD

      Delete
    2. It is. it is. I'm very sure it is. I watched an unboxing for it, i'm pretty sure it is.

      Delete
  5. "Every time someone buys this shirt mira cries"

    "Every time someone buys this shirt the bloggers cry"

    "Every time someone buys this shirt I buy one and rip it to shreds"

    And same for the price, 20 DOLLARS I COULD BUY LIKE
    3 BOOKS
    OR SOMETHING
    NOT A TSHIRT THAT BASICALLY SAYS "I'M GREEDY"

    That Lost one is supposed to be the Lost Jammer?
    What even is the Lost Jammer?
    Something people make creepypastas out of?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what was going through the heads of whoever designed that t-shirt XD

      The Lost Jammer is some creepypasta (I think it's hilarious that people make creepypastas for animal jam) about a *~mysterious hacker~* you can summon in your den lol

      Delete
  6. the evolution of aj rares
    2010: rare????? what is dat
    2011 : look a brand new rim
    2012 :you have a spike?????????????
    2013 :you gift me your black long and i will gift back my headdress no scam
    2014: plz give me spike its my dream item
    2015 : OMG UR SO UNRARE UR RAREST ITEM IS PROBABLY A NECKLACE!!!!!
    2016 : EWW GET AWAY FROM ME U UNRARE PERSON
    2017 : OMG U DO NOT HAVE A SPIKE
    2018 : the send rares send rares send rares send rares send rares t-shirt



    see doomypanda this is what rares do to people.... people want them to be more "rare" and i want them 9 such as fox hats and bows and arrows " because i like how they look on my seal.
    don`t be a greedy rare zombie. (you know those ppl who beg for rares and scam and bully because there more rare? plus apparri is one)
    - licia144

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^