Friday, October 26, 2018

I love Jamaa + Naming Rare Plushies – Part 3

Hey Jammers! I originally wasn't planning on posting at all today because I had an annoying day, but I started reading some other AJ blogs and it cheered me up, so here I am. ^_^

We're back again with part 3 of Naming Rare Plushies, but first, some new information!



There's a closed beta testing of AJ Play Wild on PC through Steam!

Meaning, that AJ Play Wild may one day be playable on your laptop or desktop computer, as well as mobile devices.

There's more information in the Help section of the AJ homepage:



(Full article here)

So, unlike the beta test of the Play Wild app back in 2014-2015, AJHQ is unsure whether or not they're actually going to open computer Play Wild in the future. But like Play Wild, there is a closed beta test of it. If you click the link above, you can learn how to sign up to test it.

You know, I usually wouldn't post about something like this because I don't pay much attention to the Play Wild app. I prefer 2D over 3D– I think Play Wild is fun, but something about the 3D animation just doesn't sit right with me.



When I learned about this closed beta testing, I didn't really care at first, but then I began to get anxious. If both AJ and AJPW were on the computer... is there enough room for them both? Will AJPW completely replace the Animal Jam we've known and loved? 

I've actually been thinking about that all day and it's made me kind of scared.

I'm not addicted to to Animal Jam, I'm typically too busy with school to play it regularly, but just knowing it exists helps me get through the week. It sounds weird, but I have a deep connection to Animal Jam. It really did inspire my love of the natural world, as cliché as that sounds, and its consistency is comforting when other things in my life are not as easy.

Right now, I'm just trying to trust that Animal Jam is a unique game, and they won't go 100% in the direction of, say, Club Penguin and entirely abandon their original product for an app. (Club Penguin Island shut down really quick, so it probably isn't even a good decision) 

Anyway, let's stay positive. Remember that Clark Stacey (CEO of AJ) said that he wants Animal Jam to be around for his grandkids. I don't associate that kind of longevity with mobile apps.

Now onto the best part of the post: Naming Rare Plushies – Part 3!!!

These are my own ideas, but as always, my favorite part of this is hearing what you think these plushies should be named!

Let's start out with elephants:




Raz / Eric

Yet another member of the sunglasses plushie crew. I bet they're best friends with the sunglasses tiger plushie (who I named Neptune)


Fredward

I have no other ideas, he's just... Fredward...


 Jasmine

For some reason I associate the color purple with the letter J, but somehow I don't think this name is very creative. Any other ideas?

Moving on, bunnies!


Pawpaw / Cherimoya

When I updated my plushie blog Berry the Koala, I named this bunny Cherimoya, but maybe the name of another odd green fruit might suffice. A pawpaw is the largest wild fruit native to North America.

Still, I think a different name might be better. Any ideas?


Jesse

Pretty sure about this one. 


Fausto

Yup.

Let's do koalas now!


Lola

As I might have mentioned before, on AJ I used to know an orange koala with Lola in their username, so this is mostly just bias. What ideas do you have?


Manic / Kevin

Kevin is his real name. Manic is his alter-ego.


Paprika

A spice that sounds cute as a name <3

Before I go do some homework, let's name the crocodiles:


Prisma

Hmm. I think this name fits, but do any of you have any more creative ideas?


Avalon

I don't know many dragon names, but this one sounds ok.


Citrus McStabbyhands

It just fits, y'know?


Thanks for reading, guys! See you all in Jamaa~ :D

10 comments:

  1. I hope playwild does come out on computers, because since my iPad never has enough space to update the game, I can’t rezlly play it. Though I don’t play it a lot. But still.

    Nice names once again, Favourite name is the last one

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH! That's so cool, I had no idea Play Wild was being tested for computers! :D I'm excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I don't really use mobile devices much at all, so if it ever actually comes out (which it may not) I might try it out.

      Delete
  3. I laughed so hard at Citrus McStabbyhands that I fell out of my chair

    Prisma: RAINY THE CROCODILE PRINCE
    Avalon: Drake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. X)

      Yeah, I honestly can't associate the rainbow crocodile with any other name than Rainy/Rainbow. Good call XD

      Delete
  4. "Citrus McStabbyhands"

    I LITERALLY DIED LOL YOU ARE AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AJPW ON CPU?!?!?
    YES
    YES
    GIMME
    I've really been losing interest in AJ, but I've played AJPW on a very very very slow tablet (which broke) and I am EXCITED :O

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^