Sunday, October 28, 2018

Real-life Gecko Banner

Hey Jammers! Yesterday I spent all day working on an art project. It was partially inspired by Animal Jam, so I thought I'd share it:


I used earth paint on natural burlap. I was hoping to kind of recreate the Gecko Banner item, but of course it doesn't look exactly like it exactly. I'm fine with that.


One day you will be mine, o Gecko Banner....

Recently I learned what those ancient drawings on stone are called: petroglyphs! I tried to emulate the style of a petroglyph with the smaller dark lizard.

There are a lot of petroglyphs all over the Americas:



The different styles of petroglyphs are so diverse, meaningful, and imaginative. I could stare at them for hours.


In more Animal Jam related news, I discovered something cool yesterday. Remember when I made that post about how sad it is that no one plays Temple of Trivia anymore?

Well...


IT WAS FULL YESTERDAY!!!!!!! It was so fun. AJHQ also made a lot of the questions harder, so if you found that Temple of Trivia was too easy in the past, think again. 

You know what was also full?


Half of all the servers.

You see, this is why I don't believe people when they say that AJ is dead. AJ isn't perfect, and it would be cool if we could have better updates soon, but as Tigerlypaws of the Jamaa Chronicle says, the lack of good updates these past months has been because AJHQ is busy preparing for a shift away from Flash.

For those who don't know, Flash has some security issues, so at some point in the next couple years, Animal Jam will start running on HTML5 or only be playable through the downloadable application.

I think the reason some people think that AJ is dead is because they don't play it as much, so they disconnect from it. But the fact is that it's far from a ghost town.


When I was online yesterday I was talking with a buddy and they were mysteriously logged out after saying this:


I hope you're okay, dashark XD


I'll be back at some point to continue the plushie naming series, but until then, see you in Jamaa! And if I don't post by Halloween, happy Halloween! ^-^

8 comments:

  1. I love the art you made!!! (I want to make one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been visiting, sorry!
    That's a very lovely art you did, Doomy!

    Also regarding your older post about AJPW Steam beta, I think it won't completely engulf Animal Jam, since both runs at their own pace, and to limit everyone to simply play on Steam just won't do I think (and only PC, no Mac!), so I think AJ will keep running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Temple of Trivia photo warms my heart. THAT BANNER YOU MADE IS AMAZING WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw petroglyphs once. People carved their name right over them, though. Sad that everyone has to ruin the world. (Not you, Doomy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely off topic, but I recently made a new blog (it was inspired by all those wonderful people in the AJ community). And I want to use a screenshot of the Hot Cocoa Hut for my background, but I can't get the sizing right. Does anyone know how to get it right? If so, could you let me know? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need a full size background, this is a good place to start: https://www.animaljamarchives.com/room-maps/

      How I made my own background full-size was by adding some code in the HTML. It was a while ago, so I don't remember completely how, but I found it with Google. You can search "blogger make background full size" and I'm sure you'll find some help. :)

      I'm glad you're starting a new blog!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks a ton for the help, Doomy. I don't know what I would've done without it. Here is my blog's adress. (warning, blog is work in progress) animaljammingjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^