Saturday, October 6, 2018

October-y Stuff

Hey Jammers! Once again, it's been two weeks since my last post, for the same exact reasons: I am both busy and lazy at the same time. While I do the stuff I need to do for school, I cut corners by ignoring stuff that I should do or want to do. 

That doesn't mean I'm not trying to snap out of my lazy spell, though– yesterday I realized that I might have posted more frequently in the past because I went to sleep earlier. I had more energy to do stuff. So starting today, I'll be trying that out, no matter how much I wanna stay up late watching movies!

Anyway, guys... It's October. >:)


October is one of my favorite months. It's a whole month leading up to my favorite holiday, and it's one of the only months that my brother goes on AJ to decorate his den and play mini games with me.

Speaking of which, our favorite mini game to play together is double gems:


And right below that double gems banner is the entrance to the Phantom Vortex, the mysterious plane that houses a game too anxiety-inducing to be available any longer than the month of October.


Phantoms! has been a Night of the Phantoms tradition since the dawn of Animal Jam, but I can't find much online about its history aside from the prizes over the years. (Scarecrow, Tall Phantom Statue, Phantom Fountain, Heavy Phantom Statue, Phantom Scarecrow, Phantom Archway, Spooky Trapdoor, and Phantom Bones Archway).

I believe it originally had 10 levels, and once you completed those 10, you got a prize, but in recent years the prize comes at the completion of level 5. 

At level 5 this year, here's the prize:


...the same prize as last year. What's up with that?

While I was playing the game, I got up to level 12 before phantoms got my candy. I wonder how many levels there are in total...

TIME TO FIND OUT!!!

*30 minutes passes*



*1 hour passes*





*2 hours pass*


I can't get beyond level 12, but I know that there are at least 13 levels.

But no one in Jamaa knows how many levels there are total because they all stopped playing after they got the prize.

What if... there's a second secret prize once you finish the whole Phantoms! game?!?!?!

I challenge you to be the first one to reach the very last level of Phantoms!. In the meantime, I'll ask AJHQ through Instagram and I'll post this question on the Chicken Smoothie Animal Jam thread. I'll update you ASAP.

In other October-y news...


Shout-out to Sarahkey8 for reminding me to do Inktober!!!

I'm late as heck, but here's my first:


As you can see by how gross this drawing looks, ink is not my favorite medium, but I'm willing to try it for the month. I'm trying to plan out my Jack-o-Lantern Halloween costume, but I feel like I don't have enough costume parts for it to look ok.

The reason for that one dark scribble below the word "Inktober" is because I wanted to write the date as 10/6/18 but I forgot that October is not the 8th month lol

If I manage to follow through with Inktober from today forward, I'll have more frequent content for this blog! Yay!

It's just hard to know what to draw... but I'll try anyway. :)

I am really really really excited about Halloween, and I don't even like candy. I just like the tradition. 

Though it's hard to decorate if you care about the environment– most Halloween decorations are just cheap plastic that will pollute the Earth for a billion years once you're done with them.

My favorite decorations (aside from actual Jack-o-Lanterns) are probably just pumpkin/skull/spider-patterned fabric. They cover a bigger surface area than typical decorations, and if they're made of a natural material like cotton, they don't pollute as much and they break down naturally! ^-^

Should I decorate my blog for Halloween? I love being festive, but I also really love my leafy green background.

Here's a very Halloween-y instrumental song that would sound really good in a haunted house:



In other news...

I have a lot more content to go through, but I think I'll keep some for now so I have something to post about tomorrow and the next day!

See you in Jamaa, and stay spooky~


5 comments:

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^