Saturday, May 23, 2020

Fer.al vs. Animal Jam (Classic)

I'm baaaaack for a rare second post of the day!

Well.. I spent basically the whole day playing Fer.al.


All that searching for resources left my senri with some swole thigh muscles. Because that's just how Fer.al works 


Earlier this morning when I first got on, I spent some time just chatting with random people at the spawn point, which was nice because it was the most social I've been in months xD 

Sad, I know, but then as I started exploring the whole 'collecting resources and going on quests' part of Fer.al, it started to seem like I was playing a single player game as it felt lonelier and lonelier.


It's probably a combination of huge maps, long-winded quests for simple resources, and an almost alien-feeling atmosphere that gave me a sense of disconnect that I don't get with Animal Jam. 

Not saying that's a bad thing, necessarily! Even though it's different and a little colder feeling, it's clear there was a lot of effort put into the game's fantasy atmosphere that makes it really unique, and I appreciate that. 

It's probably a good thing that Fer.al isn't just "Animal Jam for older kids" and has a feel of its own c:

I guess I like how AJ is, at its best, kind of like a bridge between fantasy and reality with its lore intersecting a bit with learning about and protecting the natural world. (I've personally always found it grounding and comforting, even though Wildworks hasn't been the best with the nature element for a few years, though it seems they're working on it now!)

On the other side, Fer.al is definitely more on the pure-fantasy end of the spectrum. That's how I'd describe the main difference between it and AJ!

AJ aesthetic- earthy
Fer.al aesthetic- "alien earth"


Even though Animal Jam makes me a lot happier, I found it way more easy to play Fer.al for hours and hours because the collect-and-craft structure of the game is so simple and addictive.

On AJ, if you're searching for an item, you better be ready to dedicate weeks and weeks to building up a respectable trade list to give you a better chance. 

On Fer.al right now, you can know for sure that you can get the item you want if you put the time into collecting enough things. It's a long and repetitive process, but without the struggling that can come with trying to find someone on AJ who wants to trade with you. 

This will probably change as the game's community grows and forms a more player-driven idea of what's rare and what's not, but as of now, enjoy this simple time without much trade drama at all!

Alright. I'm gonna try to get some sleep now xD

See you in Jamaa! Or... Fer.al!

~DoomyPanda

8 comments:

  1. Wait the muscles on the animal get swollen if you run around for long too long when collecting resources? Btw doing, my user on fer.al is violetivy86

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I was joking xD it's a glitch that seems to happen to me when I try to use the shop while I change my look

      Delete
  2. Also when you play fer.al does your laptop overheat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it does. It also freezes my computer all the dang time. I don't even have many things stored on this computer, so it's definitely fer.al.

      Delete
    2. Im glad im not the only one XD

      Delete
  3. I really love playing Fer.al and I think the game looks really pretty. My computer usually overheats too when I play it, but I find it doesn't freeze too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found some free time!!! Finally done with the art after 4 days XD

    Here it is:
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jb08Q5Nj3ZY/Xs_dntyFnSI/AAAAAAAAA9Q/Jk6k1W9MFPkO9asWnejNosq9DjgjHeHgACLcBGAsYHQ/s320/DoomyPanda%2BSenri.png

    And here it is with your username:
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bO0LEKZnNUQ/Xs_dno3Tc9I/AAAAAAAAA9I/PHN1upnw72ortoWRVBpBhtLLkHLJxCadQCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/DoomyPanda%2BSenri%2Bwith%2BText.jpg

    Oh my that is long. I wish Blogger would let you upload images in comments...

    Wildflower75

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS I love those colors!!!! That background is so lovely, it's as if you read my mind and used those specific shades that I love the most :')
      And you made my senri look so so cute!!! You are an AWESOME artist and I am so honored to receive this art :D

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^