Saturday, May 23, 2020

First Time Playing Fer.al!

Hey Jammers! Fer.al went open-beta a couple of days ago, so I've been exploring it today.


It's a little confusing. You're not really given a tutorial of all the things you can do, so you just figure it out. There might not be much of a tutorial because there's not a whole lot you can do as of yet-- but there's still plenty you can!

From what I've figured out, you go around collecting resources that you can use to craft/purchase items– Graham's Workshop style.

You can also chat with a lot of other people. Be warned, you can swear in fer.al, so if you don't wanna see that then turn on chat filtering:




It's kinda like AJ but angstier



Fer.al is pretty buggy right now, but not so much so that it's unplayable. As you can see, my senri's ears are all weird looking for some reason. At one point, I went to a different land through the map and my colors changed completely.

Though, the only thing about fer.al that I find genuinely annoying is how much it freezes. I don't know if this is a widespread problem in fer.al's early stages, but I've needed to completely restart my computer three times in the past few hours of playing. My computer isn't even that bad and I barely have anything on it! Hmm.


The environments are really pretty!


Confusing, but pretty...

The lands are really really big. So much so that the first quest I did (which was to find a missing NPC) pretty much had to lead me where to go with arrows. There's lots of parts of the map that are not on paths and might be hilly (Blood Tundra, mostly). 

It would have made quests more challenging/fun if they didn't just point you where to go, but then again they might have just been impossible that way.

Maybe some quests don't do that– I dunno, I've only done one so far!



I think my favorite land is Lakeroot Valley! It's the greenest and leafiest c:

All in all, I don't think I'll ever connect with Fer.al in the same way that I connect with AJ Classic, but I'm definitely going to continue exploring it. It's a nice way to spend a day inside.

It's too bad that dragons cost real money though... >:T


Have you tried out Fer.al? What are your thoughts on it? Comment what ya think!


~DoomyPanda

7 comments:

  1. I actually got the email to beta test earlier this week!! I was so excited:D The graphics are really pretty. I haven't really done much expect for create a character, explore the lands, and play the games XD The first time I played it was taking forever to load and would keep putting me out of the game. Though the second time it was much better! But then again what can we really expect when it's in the beta stage anyways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I log on and within a few minutes it makes my computer freeze, and sometimes I can play for extended periods of time with only minor glitching. It'll probably get better soon as the game gets worked on more

      Delete
  2. I really like Fer.al! My computer keeps freezing every time I try to buy wood, though. My user is Riverwolf if you ever want to meet up. My favorite land is by FAR the Blood Tundra. I honestly like fer.al more than AJ Classic. Centuria is REALLY weird. I've went in there twice. It's like the pillow room, only with no chat restriction and well...
    I think you know how that will end up.
    -Julieblap/riverwolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's annoying xD maybe you could figure out where to harvest it on your own?

      Yeah, Centuria is pretty surreal lol. It is kind of like a weird neon pillow room. I think it's much easier to find people to talk to right at the spawn point in Fera City (just realized that name is a play on the word 'ferocity'! :0 )

      Thanks for your user, I'll try to figure out how to add you on fer.al! It's gettin lonely just looking for resources by myself for hours lol

      Delete
    2. Sadly you can only buy wood, but at least Centuria makes my Senri look like it's on fire :)
      And I never noticed the Fera City thing, I always just thought of it as Feral with no l.
      I also think that the whole "rotating land" thing is kinda annoying, though. I can't get to the tree in Blood Tundra, and it will rotate in 8 days, aka an eternity. I asked someone and they said that land rotates every 9 days and every 3 days one land rotates. Lakeroot is next.
      -Julieblap/riverwolf

      Delete
  3. I think I might make some art of your senri if I get around to finishing a little art project I'm doing. I wish I could play Fer.al, but I'm 12, and I only have a chromebook. I agree though, Fer.al is really pretty!!!

    Wildflower75

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so sweet!! (no pressure tho!) Take your time, I love your art :'D

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^