Monday, June 21, 2021

Annoying Hack/Bot Raid Currently Happening

UPDATE: It seems to be all done now!

Hey Jammers! It's a bit late, so I'll try to make this post quick.

Tonight I was just wandering around Jamaa when I got a couple of Jam a Grams from a New Jammer, both of them saying "AJ Classic rocks!" with the "Chill out in Mt. Shiveer" card. 

I had thought it was an actual person who wanted to send me a JAG... but nooooooooo.


It's yet another wave of a spammy hack on Animal Jam Classic that's been recurring on-and-off since December 2020. Until Wildworks removes the script that the hackers put into the game, Jamaa's weather will be looking cloudy with a chance of bots raining everywhere you look. 

This hack is definitely disruptive and concerning, but as of now, it looks like it's not about cracking passwords and stealing info– it's most likely main purpose is to lag the game, spam the chat log with ominous phrases, and fill up rooms and servers. 

To avoid some spam, it's a good idea to turn off Jam-a-Grams for the time being :0

Another weird thing:

I was having some trouble logging in, and when I finally could I got to Crystal Sands and apparently a bunch of others were having the same problem... 

Long story short, this is pretty bad and Wildworks needs to patch this hack ASAP. HOWEVER, you don't need to panic. Like I said above, evidence so far suggests this hack is just to spam the game and not steal items or player information. 

Still, it might help to do these precautions anyway:

First, change your password. Make it super complicated and hard to guess– full sentences can be good, numbers/symbols/uppercase mixed in can help make it secure. If you don't have a sibling or roommate who's itching to get on your account, you can write your password down in a notebook or somewhere protected if you don't think you can remember it.


Second, whenever there's a hack scare, it can help to go to Parent Tools and temporarily disable (not delete) your account after you log out. It's under the orange AJ badge in Parent Tools.

Alright. I'm gonna go to sleep now. But first, here's an actual image from when the hackers got together to plan this:


See you in Jamaa! Lets hope things stop being spammy soon...

16 comments:

  1. I was hoping someone would make a post about this! An AJ Discord server is going bananas talking about this xd

    I was having trouble logging in to! I firstly assumed it was just my dinosaur-aged computer acting up again, but it was kind of repetitive and started to get on my nerves.

    But anyways, thanks for this post! I'm definitely a lot less clueless about this whole situation now C:

    ~popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Popcorn C:
      I'm glad this post could help! There's still a lot we don't know, and I hope AJHQ makes an official statement soon. This is pretty annoying and repetitive...

      Delete
  2. Hi doomy, I am so sorry about the link I sent recently. I don't like cursing and I usually watch YouTube videos on mute. I forgot to check it before I sent It. I recently watched a video about the bot raid and I didn't realize it was still going on. Well, that teaches Wildworks to pay attention to their old games while working on new ones. I haven't been on AJ for a while, but I plan on going on today for the RIM.
    Hope this bot raid ends,
    Princess brightstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Nothing wrong with accidentally commenting links that have cursing in them, I just can't publish them here ^^

      I completely agree with you, Princess– I hope this hack DOES teach Wildworks to pay more attention to AJ Classic >.<

      Delete
  3. Oh hm, that explains the weird masses of New Jammers crowding around Sarepia Forest chanting "why not bother" or something along those lines with a span of one second between each new message-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... Maybe this is a stretch, but I wonder if this bot raid has anything to do with the Sarepia fire glitch you posted about some time ago? Because I noticed that glitch yesterday and the bots seem to congregate there a lot...

      Delete
    2. I actually saw that glitch a while back, when it was the plushie hunt season, I just keep forgetting to post it pfft, so unless the raids happened since back then, not sure if they correlate-

      Delete
  4. Oohhh this sounds horrible... I'll go fix some security things right now. I hope that it really is just annoying. I've been having a problem with the Play Wild contest thing, so maybe it's just a whole WildWorks-tech-issue. I wonder if Fer.al is having any problems too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... not sure, but I hope not. I've been meaning to get back into Fer.al so I'll see if anything's going weird there this week!

      Delete
  5. Hi Doomy c:

    It's your favourite jammerrrr- scratch that lol

    Sheesh, I'll go into my old account and check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Doomy, I think the bot raids have stopped, I checked aj classic and I even went on a full server at 9:00 pm on this recent Monday. It might bee something with the time zone, but I saw no glowing or chanting bots on either server I went on.
    I hope this helps,
    princess brightstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for letting me know! I just checked around Jamaa and you're right– all seems to be well. I'm glad it stopped ^^;

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. I wasn't able to log in but did it successfully on the 2nd try lol.

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^