Wednesday, August 28, 2019

More Progress + Small News Thing

Hey Jammers! Wow I have not been as productive as I've wanted to be this week. Or last week, for that matter. I guess as school rapidly approaches for me, I've subconsciously decided to be as lazy as possible in preparation for the onslaught of school work ^^;

However! I did get some progress down with the new header. Take a look:


It's just a screenshot, so that checkerboard pattern won't be in the final. I'm probably gonna add a rounded border and some leafy accents to make it nice :D

For the second quick part of this quick post, here's a part of a news article involving WildWorks (and kids app makers in general) that you may find interesting:


So basically, Apple is now requiring kids apps to not run advertising or external analytics software. With WildWorks, AJPW and the AJ desktop app don't have ads, but another app "Tag With Ryan" is completely dependent on ads and will probably shut down. Honestly I don't care about that in particular– I really dislike the people making money off of toy-review videos for kids on YouTube, it just feels exploitative.

HOWEVER, Play Wild and the AJ desktop app might still be affected by the new Apple policies! It wasn't entirely clear, and the passage above is the only part that mentions WildWorks, but analytics software is used to monitor how Jammers use those apps (to prevent inappropriate behavior, see what features are most popular, etc.). 

The new Apple policies are banning external analytics software– I'm not sure the difference between internal and external analytics software, but it might mean that at least on WildWorks' apps, data can't be collected the same way.

Is this kind of analytics software also on browser AJ? Would this new Apple policy mean that the desktop app and the browser are managed differently?

Hmm....

I'm gonna go back to being lazy now. Seeya guys soon!

~DoomyPanda

3 comments:

  1. Doomy. That header is awesome so far!! Interesting about apple and the program... I wonder what will happen...

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^